Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Robinson decides not to transfer
Updated Jan 17, 2011 5:10 PM ET
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP)

Record-setting quarterback Denard Robinson acknowledged he thought about transferring when Michigan fired Rich Rodriguez.

"Rich Rod was one of the few coaches that gave me a chance to play as a quarterback on the next level," Robinson said in an interview scheduled to be posted on mgoblue.com, the school's website, on Monday.

Robinson decided to stay after talking to his parents, brother and high school coach. "This is my family - my home now," he said.

Rodriguez was fired Jan. 5 and Brady Hoke was hired a week later. Robinson told Hoke a day after he was hired that he was committing to staying to play for him next season.

Robinson's high school coach said "every school" wanted Robinson to leave and he had heard from 10 to 15 coaches within a day of Hoke's hiring.

The first player in NCAA history to throw and run for 1,500 yards said new coach Brady Hoke was "terrific" and added that he was eager to learn his offense.

con't...

more: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7XCN
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:55 am

Went to the basketball game (win over Indiana) and the hockey game (win over OSU) yesterday afternoon/night. Compound that with the fact that OSU lost to Wisco in basketball to kill their undefeated season, and I'd say it was a heck of a good day in college sports ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 am

Tate Forcier transferring to Miami (Fla.), says he never wanted to leave Michigan
8:18 PM, Feb. 9, 2011

Former Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier is transferring to Miami (Fla.), he said today.

Forcier spoke to the Free Press after signing his transfer papers. Here are some highlights:

• On his decision: “It’s nice, man, to start moving forward. I found a school I wanted, and it’s such a good opportunity. I’m walking into the same situation at Michigan, with only two guys on scholarship. I’ll be competing against Stephen Morris. Rarely do people get the opportunity I got at Michigan. It’s extremely rare for someone to get that again, especially a place like Miami.

• On Miami: “I love everything about it. I’m headed back. All my stuff is at Michigan. I had lunch with (QB) Jacory Harris, and he really likes these (new Miami) guys. They bring so much positive energy. They get me fired-up. I’m excited to be a part of the rebirth of Miami."

• On academics: “I’m taking online classes through a separate university.”

con't...

more: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8az0
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Rivals.com ranks Big Ten football recruiting classes by position; Michigan's running backs No. 1
Topics: Sports, UM Campus, UM Football
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM [Feb 11, 2011]

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell says the Michigan football team's incoming running backs are the best group in the Big Ten. The Wolverines' other nine position groups range from third-best to 12th in Farrell's Big Ten rankings released today.

Farrell writes that "Michigan's 1-2 punch of Justice Hayes, who can be used all over the field, and Thomas Rawls, the perfect big back for the Wolverines' offense, is tough to beat."

Ohio State dominated the rankings, pulling in the top ranking in the quarterback, tight end, defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back positions.

Conference newcomer Nebraska earned top honors at offensive line and athlete while Indiana (wide receiver) and Penn State (defensive end) topped one category each.

Besides the running back position, Michigan's recruiting class was decidedly defense-heavy. Farrell ranked the Wolverines' incoming defensive ends (Brennen Beyer, Keith Heitzman, Jack Miller and Chris Rock), linebackers (Frank Clark, Kellen Jones, Desmond Morgan and Antonio Poole) and defensive backs (Greg Brown, Tamani Carter, Blake Countess and Delonte Hollowell) at No. 3 in the Big Ten.

Single signings at the tight end (Chris Barnett) and athlete (Raymon Taylor) positions put Michigan at No. 4 in those categories. The Wolverines have the eighth-ranked offensive line class (Chris Bryant and Tony Posada) and the ninth-ranked quarterback class (Russell Belomy).

Michigan did not have a defensive tackle or wide receiver in its recruiting class, so they're at the bottom of the rankings in those positions.

con't...

more: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8bhP
stomperrob

2010 Michigan Thread

Postby opiskiriko » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:11 pm

I might go to University of Michigan, so I looked up photos and street view of Ann Arbor, and it looks like a really pretty town
opiskiriko
Monday Morning Quarterback

Previous

Return to College Football