2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah, saw that yesterday. Total bummer man. And it's confirmed that he's gone for the season with a broken leg. :-/

linkage

Can you tell me what the hell is going on with Tate Forcier? :-S

sounds like he'd rather party than work out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah that's what I'm gathering, just wondering if any "insiders" or anyone close to Ann Arbor had anymore info.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

I had a long post written and my internet disconnected and I never got it back. Long story short, Lambskin is partially correct. I'll retype it probably later tonight.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

I'll be looking for your post. ;-D

I'll never understand these kids. They have such an awesome opportunity but they just can't stay focused. Masoli is the worst case example of a kid with all the opportunity in the world, but he'd rather make poor choices and flush that opportunity down the toilet. Obviously Tate is not anywhere near that level but it sounds like he's not focusing on football or the things he needs to to be the leader of his team, hopefully he get's his head straightened soon.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:54 pm

From what I have gathered from the people I know....Forcier developed a big head after their hot start last year garnered a bunch of national attention and the hype around him began to build. Some think that's why we struggled in the latter half of the year, but I just look at it as us being fortunate to beat Notre Dame (and Indiana for that matter) and not being able to bring it week in and week out against Big Ten competition. Anyways, his lack of focus pretty much carried into the offseason (Lambskin's party theory) and when you combine that with Denard's abilities (if he puts it together he will be unstoppable) and incredible work ethic you immediately see a quarterback controversy appear. A thread appeared on MGoBlog yesterday from a guy who knows the family and basically said that Forcier, whether it be through self realization or a kick in the pants from his dad, has taken responsibility for the poor offseason and is committed to winning the starting spot. His father apparently has had no complaints with the way Rodriguez has handled the situation and basically said he has done what a coach should, which is to make him earn it.

EDIT: Given what I wrote above, I'd still be surprised if Robinson wasn't the starter against UConn.....he has had an incredible spring.

Also, pertaining to the Woolfolk injury, there's been a lot of criticism thrown in Rodriguez's direction about a lack of depth in the defensive backfield that has left them pretty much helpless going into the season. However, in the last six months we have lost:

Demar Dorsey - Didn't qualify academically (rumor is that he won't even qualify at Louisville 8-o )
Adrian Witty - Didn't qualify academically (now apparently will be starting at Cincinnati)
Troy Woolfolk - Injury; out for season
Justin Turner - Transferring (ironically to West Virginia I hear)
Boubacar Cissoko - Kicked off of team for breaking team rules, two months later got in trouble again and now faces jail time.....if I remember right he was convicted of something
Donovan Warren - Best d-back last year; goes into NFL draft and isn't drafted....will likely make the Jets roster, but should have stayed

I am not really sure how much of that can be put on the coach but take what you will out of that.

Anyways, the defensive backfield is in shambles now unless Cullen Christian steps up (I think he can, but expecting him to is another beast), and even then it will be the weak link of a potentially weak defense, so it's not really out of the question to say we are in huge trouble this season unless we get a couple unexpected surprises.

Most important games: UConn, MSU

Can't start off 0-1 going into South Bend and we cannot (repeat: CANNOT) lose to an inferior program like State three years in a row. If we lose to State again, it would take a huge upset of Ohio State for Rodriguez to keep his job unless we were 8-3 or 9-2 going into that game, which I don't expect to be the case. I think if he makes it through this year he will be our coach for a while. I just don't know if he will. I say we go 7-5 this year with a possible 8-4 because I think we either beat Penn State on the road or beat Iowa at home.

Off the cuff schedule prediction:

UConn - W
ND - L
UMass - W
Bowling Green - W
Indiana - W (not sure about this one....close game last year Indiana will be motivated and they really aren't a bad team at all)
MSU - W (They seriously HAVE to win this game)
Iowa - L
@ PSU - W
Illinois - W
@ Purdue - W (They have to win this game....lots of bad blood building between these programs)
Wisconsin - L
Ohio State - L

I guess that works out to 8-4 but wouldn't be shocked to see them drop the Indiana or MSU game. We'll see though. I suppose they could beat Notre Dame too....locals in Michigan really seem to be riding the Brian Kelly train, and I am to an extent (Fun fact: his wife was my high school science teacher) but I don't think they'll be a good team this year. Lots of tossup games on the schedule, but there always are. Not really used to guarded optimism as a Michigan fan :-b .

EDIT 2: This pretty much sums it up:
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 am

HAPPY LEARNED HOW TO PUTT.....UH OH

DENARD ROBINSON = QB EAGLES
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Great game by Robinson - fun to watch!!! ;-D ;-D

A shame Forcier had to act like such a baby - in the 4th quarter he was sitting at the far end of the bench, away from all the other players, with a towel covering his face! :-t :-t

GO BLUE!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 am

I have no idea what's going to happen in this game.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Unbelievable. Denard sets the Michigan record for most total yards in a game and the most rushing yards by a Big Ten quarterback in history. Best player in the country after two weeks, not even close. Hopefully he can keep it up.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

Yeh, great numbers by Denard again. However, a little concerned about them going 7 straight possessions in the second half without scoring a single point (didn`t help of course that the kicker sucks big time).

GO BLUE!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football