2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Very concerning. I knew the defense was bad, but I had not idea they were THAT bad. WIth that said, the offense was still awesome, so I feel like this is going to be a year where, if we're going to win, we just have to play shootouts and hope for the best.

Totally. Problem is, pretty soon they're going to start facing some teams who know how to play defense. Hopefully they can get their own defense figured out by then.

True. We also have no idea how good their offense really is. ND is perpetually overrated and UCONN is appearing to be not so great. Could Denard and Co truly be one of the best offenses in the league? Sure. Could they be extremely average? Also possible.

I think what we're seeing on offense is more reality than fiction. I don't care who you play, you don't put the kind of numbers Denard has put up unless you have some serious talent. I guess there could still be some question marks concerning the rest of the offense, but Denard is for real I think. You're right though, it is possible they come back down to earth on offense once they face a good defense.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 am

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:Totally. Problem is, pretty soon they're going to start facing some teams who know how to play defense. Hopefully they can get their own defense figured out by then.

True. We also have no idea how good their offense really is. ND is perpetually overrated and UCONN is appearing to be not so great. Could Denard and Co truly be one of the best offenses in the league? Sure. Could they be extremely average? Also possible.

I think what we're seeing on offense is more reality than fiction. I don't care who you play, you don't put the kind of numbers Denard has put up unless you have some serious talent. I guess there could still be some question marks concerning the rest of the offense, but Denard is for real I think. You're right though, it is possible they come back down to earth on offense once they face a good defense.

I hope you're right. A big thing so far has been Denard's decision making. He threw into double coverage at the beginning of the UMASS game for an INT, but that's been his only turnover so far this year. If he can limit the turnovers and other sorts of negative plays, the offense can keep clicking. If he gets nervous against a big time defense, like Iowa, it could be trouble.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote: We also have no idea how good their offense really is.

Yeah, we do. It's one of the best in the country. Denard is making the correct reads in the passing game and will pretty much be unstoppable if this continues to be the case although I'd expect teams like Iowa and Ohio State to throw some confusing coverages at him. Even if ND and UConn aren't as good as they looked to be in the pre-season, there are really only three or four teams left on their schedule that are better and 8-4 is what I said at the beginning of the season. Their 3-0 start this year should not be looked at alongside last year's because the offense is much more crisp with Denard at the helm and will carry us most of the way this year.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 am

One of the conversations going on in Husker Land is who would win in a full-pad race, Denard Robinson or Taylor Martinez? Robinson is blazing fast, but Martinez is no slouch.

Whoever won, it wouldn't be by much. We'll see them on the same field next November. Should be a lot of fun.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:25 pm

AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am

41-21 today and we finally get to see Devin Gardner and Forcier take some snaps.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 am

And Robinson leads us down the field to win the game with a minute left. The guy just gets better and better. Man!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Call me pessimistic, but this is starting to look really similar to last year.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Call me pessimistic, but this is starting to look really similar to last year.

You're pessimistic. It's not easy to win on the road within your conference....just ask Wisconsin, Ohio State and Penn State. Indiana is not a bad team and was the worst possible matchup for the defense. Unlike last year, the offense is literally almost unstoppable. If they can win on Saturday, we should win at least 8 games this year with an incredibly young team that can't play defense at all. You're being way too pessimistic.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Call me pessimistic, but this is starting to look really similar to last year.

;-) :-D

GO BLUE!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football