2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm

might be time to swap my Lions bag for a Wolverines bag
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:might be time to swap my Lions bag for a Wolverines bag

Nah, State fields a pretty darn good team. I wouldn't bag it after this loss, or next weeks either. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:22 am

State was just the better team. Running the ball + timely defensive plays wins games.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 am

Rough game. Hopefully it was just a bump in the road rather than a sign of things to come; only time will tell. Denard's Heisman chances just took a huge hit, as well they should with those 2 crucial picks he threw in the endzone.

Definitely questioned a bit of Rich Rod's decisions, as he appeared unwilling to make any sort of adjustment to try to jump start the offense or stop MSU's running game.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Sorry to only say this after a loss, but I've never felt like RichRod was a "Michigan Guy." He just doesn't seem to fit to me, like Bill Callahan never fit here at Nebraska. I think you guys will eventually can Rodriguez, and I do not envy you the process you'll go through to do it. It's painful, and you don't deserve it. But sooner or later you'll be back to Michigan Football that we all know and love (or love to hate) and all will be right with the world once again.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:54 am

knapplc wrote:Sorry to only say this after a loss, but I've never felt like RichRod was a "Michigan Guy." He just doesn't seem to fit to me, like Bill Callahan never fit here at Nebraska. I think you guys will eventually can Rodriguez, and I do not envy you the process you'll go through to do it. It's painful, and you don't deserve it. But sooner or later you'll be back to Michigan Football that we all know and love (or love to hate) and all will be right with the world once again.

I can't deny that everything you said is totally possible.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Sorry to only say this after a loss, but I've never felt like RichRod was a "Michigan Guy." He just doesn't seem to fit to me, like Bill Callahan never fit here at Nebraska. I think you guys will eventually can Rodriguez, and I do not envy you the process you'll go through to do it. It's painful, and you don't deserve it. But sooner or later you'll be back to Michigan Football that we all know and love (or love to hate) and all will be right with the world once again.

I can't deny that everything you said is totally possible.

agree...although i'd hate to blow it up too soon (although that depends on how we finish up the season). if we can go 8-4 or 9-3 with a bowl win i'd like to see 2 more years of Denard in this system and if it's still not working then blow it up
but if we finish 6-6 or 7-5 and get embarassed in a bowl...it might be time to cut bait now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

The way I see it, you guys have the same problem we had under Callahan - no defense. I don't get why coaches focus so heavily on one side of the ball and ignore the other side, but I've seen it for the last several years on several teams in the Big 12, too.

No matter how flashy Robinson is, he can't win games when your defense can't stop people. You're going on your second straight season of allowing 27 points a game. That's not going to get it done.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Our defense scks :-X

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 pm

What bothers me about the RichRoding of Michigan is the thought that he would build a team that contends for national titles because he would now get elite U of M talent players to run his razzle-dazzle O. Then I thought, why would that be? His O is a very unique scheme that requires a very unique player. The same type of player that would chose West Virginnie over other schools because he would do better with RichRod's scheme. So the talent level isn't going to improve beyond whatever the best West Virginia levels were. Is that what we were hoping for when we hired this one-trick pony?
BTW, Robinson hurt arm/elbow today. U of M needs to make a very tough decision by the end of this season. Not to fire RichRod, but to make sure they can hire his replacement first.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football