What was the worst trade allowed in your league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What was the worst trade allowed in your league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What was the worst trade allowed in your league?

Postby wizbang » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:43 am

The trading deadline has come and gone. In the thread below there were lots of different views on what trades should be allowed. What was the most questionable trade in your league and do you disagree with your comish's decision?

There should be an all comish board where people can help each other out, especially at the trade deadline.
wizbang

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:31 am

This was the worst trade I have ever seen, since the commish was getting Holt there was not much of a way to stop it. The commish traded Barlow, Plax, and Ramsey for TORRY HOLT. The guy wasn't starting any of those players he traded and neither is the guy who got them. It is ridiculous.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby altproject » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:51 am

the worst trade in our league this year was chad johnson for mark brunell -- it was in week 3 when brunell still had his job and people were still kind of skeptical about chad. i'm the commish (the trade didn't involve me) and in our league everything goes through -- unless it's blatant collusion. so, it was fine by me. no trades have been vetoed/reversed in our league this year.

btw, the barlow/plax/ramsey for holt trade wouldn't have been that bad if the guy getting the three players started any of those guys. Especially if it was earlier in the season -- i wouldn't consider that a lopsided trade.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bbentley40 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:37 am

I wish I could say no trades have been vetoed in my league. I had to deal with the worst round of trade crap that I have ever seen this year.

Here are some of the recent trades that got rejected (I removed team names, but kept it so you can see when the same team is trying to do bad trade after bad trade):

Rejected due to Protests Team A
with Team B
Receive Correll Buckhalter
Receive Brian Westbrook
Receive Andre Johnson
Send Chad Johnson
Send Aveion Cason
Send Ladell Betts

with Team C
Receive Donovan McNabb
Receive Chris Chambers
Send Keyshawn Johnson
Send Peyton Manning

with Team D
Receive Jim Kleinsasser
Receive Peerless Price
Send Keyshawn Johnson
Send Shannon Sharpe

with Team B
Receive Michael Vick
Receive Deuce McAllister
Receive DeShaun Foster
Send Peyton Manning
Send Chad Johnson
Send William Green

Team A's players are the Sends. These are just the 4 from the past week.. there were others involving other teams that got rejected too. It went by league vote.. even though I am commish I tried to stay out of it because it got down to almost childish name calling.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby clownfishboy » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:01 am

I don't know if I think any of these trades you people are talking about should have been rejected. When you put it to a league vote you have the chance that people may be rejecting it because they are a little jealous.

For instance:

Receive Donovan McNabb
Receive Chris Chambers
Send Keyshawn Johnson
Send Peyton Manning

what's wrong with this? Donovan McNabb is underperforming but he certainly has potential to put up some fantasy numbers and Chris Chambers is a lot better of a fantasy WR than KJ. It isn't that bad - I would rather be getting KJ and manning but still it isn't that bad. You can't let the league or yourself veto a trade just because someone made a bad decision. If you can prove collusion, then it's a different story.

Also, I see nothing at all wrong with this trade:

Receive Michael Vick
Receive Deuce McAllister
Receive DeShaun Foster
Send Peyton Manning
Send Chad Johnson
Send William Green

If the team getting McAllister needs a RB then what's wrong with giving up a good WR and QB for a very good RB? Some people may value Vick still. And Foster has some value because someone could easily think Davis will get hurt or be rested later in the season. Green is trash so it's basically Vick, McAllister, Foster for Manning and Chad Johnson. What is blatantly wrong with this? Give me a break.

You need to maybe provide more info about these trades. Because I can think of scenarios (like if team A has depth at QB and WR and really needs a RB) that would make these trades fine.
clownfishboy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby anth » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:04 am

bbentley40, Id hate to be in a league that rejected trades like that. Those trades might favor a side but I didn't see a real problem with letting those go through.
anth

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:09 am

i agree with fishboy...i dont see anything lopsided about these trades..it seems that team a was willing to give up a lot but would still be rec somthing in return...and it was to differant teams ...

Postby greatgretzky » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:25 am

well is the criteria "AT the time" or "in retrospect" trades have much to do with team needs and composition in addition to time. I got away with two major steals -- in retrospect, but they were gambles at the time. boston and streets preseason for horn. Good for me, but could have been bad. Gave up miami d and bledsoe for pennington, while pennington was hurt and bledsoe was onyl jsut beginning to suck.

I also saw, duce staley kerry collins and quincy morgan go for ricky williams. I thought it was stupid then and stupid now, but preseason I guess a case could have been made for i
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:05 pm

I think i just made the worst trade. I got Tony G, and andre Davis, for stephen davis. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PBRmeASAP » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:43 pm

The most lopsided trade in our league was a preseason trade of Ed McCaffrey and Duce Staley for Joe Horn.
PBRmeASAP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk