What was the worst trade allowed in your league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What was the worst trade allowed in your league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bbentley40 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:34 pm

Now you all see why I tried to stay out of it. I dont think I vetoed any trades with my vote because although some of them seemed crazy to me.. they still did not warrant a veto. It was just a big freakin mess and I am glad the trade deadline is here so I dont have to listen to people complain about it anymore. They all though I was the one who had the final say so, but not when it comes to trades.. that is a league vote thing.

Team A in all of those I posted is really hurting for players but most people assumed he was trying to quit on the league and he was giving his players to a couple of his close friends who were both in the top 4. I think he could have done better for the players he was trying to give up, but I still dont think he or anyone else was trying to cheat.. therefore I dont think they should have been vetoed... of course that was not my call so I just shook my head and went on about my business.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Dude_ffc » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:47 pm

There is really only one thing about FF that really dislike and that is leagues where every rejects trades unless the trade is for back-ups or kickers. Those trades you have listed don't look anything like collusion and should have gone through. Most leagues I've been in, not all, will try to block trades of the teams who are competitive because they don't want that team to improve.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AF » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:20 pm

Fiedler and W.Green for Ramsey and T.O. I don't know what the guy trading T.O. was thinking and our comish has been AWOL because his GF has him whipped more then any other man I have ever seen in my whole life. I live with the comish and this whole school year since Aug 12 I have only seen him about 6 times. The whole league is a group of friends and none of us have seen or heard from him so there was no way to protest it.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:13 pm

There were no trades vetoed in my league. The only trade even put up for public viewing was a trade invovling Moss for LT and Shockey. We all realized that the one team was a Vikes fan so it wasn't questioned. The worst trade was one chump trading Duckett and Lelie for Staley because he heard that Staley was going to be the #1 RB. It wasn't vetoed, and I am still a little mad at the commish for not bailing me...err...that team out!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BigBlueMarbles » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:49 pm

This trade went through in week 2...McNair for McCaffery
It takes half the league to veto a trade and that didn't happen. Week 2 didn't show the majoe disperaty as it does now but I was hoot'n and holler'n about that one. But you really don't have collusion in week2 and the one owner was just real inexperienced and got taken advantage of.
(9-5) 12 Team Bonus scoring

QB's: J. Plummer, B. Johnson*,J. Garcia
RB's: M. Faulk*, S. Davis*, K. Barlow, B. Westbrook, T. Jones
Wr's: T. Holt*, C. Johnson*, J. Smith*, M. Robinson
TE: T. Heap*
K: J. Wilkins*
Def/ST:Broncos*
BigBlueMarbles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:13 pm

The worst, or rather funniest, trade I've heard that wasn't vetoed was my friend's. He traded his Garrison Hearst for Priest Holmes after Week 1. Supposedly, the guy was a 9er fan.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasy fanatic » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:48 pm

Worst trade so far in my league:
Team A:
Steve McNair
Josh Reed
Shawn Bryson

Team B:
Brad Johnson

This was when Bryson was the starter.
fantasy fanatic
Special Teams Staff