25%
St. Louis
33%
At Seattle
17%

Total votes : 12

Pick the Lions wins. Wk 1-9

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:12 am

Pick the team(s) you think the Lions will beat this year.
Add whatever comments you wish.
I think the Lions are going to surprise 2-4 teams this season, but when I look at the schedule I have a hard time seeing them beating anybody. :~(

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick the Lions wins. Wk 1-9

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Minn, STL, BYE, SEA are my picks.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 pm

I am not saying that they will win any of the games that I checked, but I think they have a real shot at winning those games. Here are my selections:
Minnesota - Personally, I just don't think Favre has it anymore. He also has a pretty bad history in Dome stadiums - he has won a few at Detroit just because of how bad we have been, not because he has played all that great. I think the place will be jumping for the start of the Schwartz/Stafford era (even if Stafford doesn't get the nod). If they get the crowd into it early, I think we have a real shot to pull out a win

Bye - it will be close, but I think I may be right on this one O:-)

St Louis - We have a tough opening schedule (pre-bye). If things turn downhill, it could be another long season - if we squeek out a win early, we have a chance to make a little noise and could get on a roll. This will most likely be the first start for Stafford and I think he will respond well.

Seattle - This is dependent on the St Louis game, if we get a win there, this is where I think we can start to roll a winning streak together (2 wins is a winning streak, right?)

The easiest and only real chance going into the season is the St Louis game. Obviously things can change and I have high hopes that The Schwartz and crew can actually gameplan for teams and have the Lions ready. I don't think we have seen everything they can do this pre-season, but I think with what we have seen, they have a much better plan. I'm looking at the same as everyone else 2-4 wins, but would not be suprised if they come closer to 8 or end up with 1.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm

dream_017 wrote:(2 wins is a winning streak, right?)

I'll have to check on that--sincerely, Tom Lewand.

I am stunned that you and R-Dubs think that we can beat the ViQueens. Even given Favre penchant for sucking in domes, ADP and the Dikings D seem to do well in enclosed surroundings. I think (other than the Skins debacle) will one of the biggest chances for a *NimRodding this season. Sadly, 3 of our first 6 games could be NimRoddings.

*NimRodding-losing to a team, in most cases trailing by 20 or more pts by the end of the first quarter or half, eventually losing by closer to 50 than to 20 pts. Typical stats from a NimRodding include multiple RBs with over 100 yds and a TD minimum, a QB tossing 2 or more TDs, and a WR having > 100yds and a score. It is something that just doesn't happen in competitve football, but has been made common place by NimRod Marinelli and his cast of a thousand..D linemen.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:10 pm

My theory is that the run D has looked good and I have seen no indication that Favre makes the team better (in fact I think it may seperate the locker room and lead to minnesota's downfall this year).

BTW love the new "NimRodding" terminology.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:17 am

i'm only going with BYE so far...i'll do a full season writeup sometime before kickoff. if Steven Jackson is out we should beat the Rams, but if he is healthy i think he can beat us by himself.

i think we have a shot at Cleveland too, but that is the game we need to lose to beat Tampa's consecutive loss streak, so i'm pulling for a loss there too..unfortunately those are the only teams i think we are capable of beating and i dont think we can go 0-16 again, so i'm sure my dream will die against St Louis or Cleveland
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Lions