Hotels - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hotels

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hotels

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 pm

So... sitting in my hotel bore and thought I would ask. Like hotels, hate hotels, indifferent, funny stories, etc.?

Personally, I enjoy a hotel stay every now and then. As long as I have TV and internet, I'm pretty easy to please. I do enjoy having the full kitchen when I get the privilege so I can store fruits and veggies in the fridge. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hotels

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Hotel, Motel
Holiday Inn.
If your girls starts acting up
Then you take her friend

let's see if you can name that song, Joe :-)

Personally I don't like any bed other than my own. I never sleep well on the road. It's not even so much the bed per se as it is unfamiliar surroundings. I'm sure there's some good psych counseling potential there.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:49 pm

I always enjoy a good hotel stay. For some reason "getting busy" in a hotel is more exciting. O:-) :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Hotel, Motel
Holiday Inn.
If your girls starts acting up
Then you take her friend

I like going on a business trip and staying in a hotel every once in a while just to break up the routine and get some "me" time away from the family, where I can read some magazines, go get a beer and hot wings and watch sports in the bar for a few hours, or just surf the cafe for hours on and on and on, on and on I surf the cafe until the break of dawn. Skiddlee beebop a we rock a scoobie doo, and guess what america we love you, cause ya rock and ya roll with so much soul
I could surf the cafe until I'm a hundred and one years old.

signed,
the ladies pimp
the women fight for my delight
B-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 pm

I like hotels, as long as I'm staying away from the Motel 6's of the world, but sometimes I border on indifference because I see a hotel as more or less where I'll crash for the night and I won't likely enjoy all the bonuses of the place. I'm usually just out and about, really. That said, I'm heading to Las Vegas in a few weeks and it's been a while since I've splurged on a luxury suite. Should be lots of fun. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:15 am

i dont really ever have any problems sleeping in them, but i'd much rather be at home with my own TV and not their stupid basic cable...having wireless internets makes it better though

one day i want to completely trash a hotel like they did in Fear and Loathing...but i probably need to hit the lotto first

as far as funny stories the only one that comes to mind was when i was in Mexico and i get to my room and cant turn on the lights, so i call and complain that the electrical isnt working and they tell me i need to swipe my key card. so i turn them on and go drop a deuce only to have all the lights shut off...apparently you have to leave it in there (i guess it's an energy saving thing so you cant leave the lights on when you leave) so i had to poop in the dark
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm

During football season I have to stay out of town in hotels almost every weekend. I don't mind it, but I do miss my temperpedic while I'm gone.

Also, not long ago I was challenged to get through the entire 14 (or whatever) minutes of Rapper's Delight on a morning radio show that I'm part of without any major mistakes. I got through about eight minutes before I mixed up a couple of verses.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 pm

dont' forget to check under the mattress for pron stashes left by former occupants. ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm

In high school we went to stay in a hotel for golf team sectionals. My roommate decided to be crazy and try and do a flip onto his bed (typical high school bright idea) and ended up kicking a hole right through the drywall... Somehow we didn't get charged for it. :-?
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't mind hotels. I just don't like getting gouged. I prefer the middle of the road. But paying several hundred dollars for a room is rediculous.

Call yourself a 5 star hotel if you want but no coffee in the room immediately knocks off 2 points. No internet is another point. If you have to charge me $10 for water no problem. My pissing aim just gets worse without it.

If I feel I'm getting a good deal the maid has it made. Trash is where it is supposed to be and I even try to reorganize to make it easier.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to General Talk