Hotels - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hotels

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Hotels

Postby joejlitz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I don't mind hotels. I just don't like getting gouged. I prefer the middle of the road. But paying several hundred dollars for a room is rediculous.

Call yourself a 5 star hotel if you want but no coffee in the room immediately knocks off 2 points. No internet is another point. If you have to charge me $10 for water no problem. My pissing aim just gets worse without it.

If I feel I'm getting a good deal the maid has it made. Trash is where it is supposed to be and I even try to reorganize to make it easier.

Dude - None of that is the maid's fault. Drop her a $1/day no matter what. You won't miss it.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fezzik » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:42 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i had to poop in the dark

That's how I normally do it. Am I doing it wrong? :-?

Back on topic, I kind of like hotel stays...as long as the bed is comfy and the room is clean. I usually look for something like a Doubletree, which when booked in advance can be had at a reasonable rate. I like their cookies too. Their mattresses are comfortable as well. ;-D

That was a joke about pooping with the lights off, but I had an apartment-mate in college who used to do that all the time...always a little awkward when you go to open the door, but it's locked with no light coming out from beneath it. :-b
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 am

Speaking of pooping in hotels, if it wasn't for staying in hotels, I would have never experience using a bidet. I never felt so fresh and so clean!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:04 am

fezzik wrote:

That's how I normally do it. Am I doing it wrong? :-?

Back on topic, I kind of like hotel stays...as long as the bed is comfy and the room is clean. I usually look for something like a Doubletree, which when booked in advance can be had at a reasonable rate. I like their cookies too. Their mattresses are comfortable as well. ;-D

That was a joke about pooping with the lights off, but I had an apartment-mate in college who used to do that all the time...always a little awkward when you go to open the door, but it's locked with no light coming out from beneath it. :-b

reminds of of a recent local radio bit Operation Dark Stall...almost got the hosts fired

Also known as "Operation Dark Squatter", Operation Dark Stall began early last week after Chuck had caught someone in the bathroom with the lights off. The story goes that Chuck walked in to the dark bathroom, flipped the lights on, and started using the restroom. Suddenly he heard a rustling and turned to see a mans feet in the stall. He didn't know who it was, or what they were doing, but he definitely thought it was strange that someone was in there in the pitch black.

joejlitz wrote:

Speaking of pooping in hotels, if it wasn't for staying in hotels, I would have never experience using a bidet. I never felt so fresh and so clean!

yeah they had one in Japan...i didnt care for it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

It doesn't wash off all the shame does it Dan?
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Speaking of pooping in hotels, if it wasn't for staying in hotels, I would have never experience using a bidet. I never felt so fresh and so clean!

It doesn't wash off all the shame does it Dan?

:-b :-b

if this thread continues to go down the toilet I'm going to merge it with the TP discussion in the newspaper thread. ;-)

I was finishing up in the men's room at work one time, washing my hands, when a person I worked with came in. We were friends, exchanged alot of banter, he got off a good rip on me, and proceeded into a stall to start his transaction. On my way out, I turned the lights out. He paid me a somewhat spirited visit about 10 minutes later. B-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm

You guys have a TP discussion on this side? We had one on the Darkside, but it was deleted eons ago.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:32 am

High School football season is hotel season for me. I'll be on the road at least six of the next ten weekends. I don't mind it, but I'd rather be at home with my wife in my tempurpedic than with some strange man on a crappy hotel mattress.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Whatever floats your boat Art. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 pm

What happens on the road, stays on the road, right?
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk