Oh god no... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Oh god no...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh god no...

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Chuck Rogers getting another shot?

Bleacher Report, August 29: Something else to keep an eye on--through a somewhat unreliable source, a rumor has surfaced that the Lions might bring in former wide receiver and second overall draft pick Charles Rogers for a workout. That, of course, is when and if Rogers clears any pending legal issues and has his fitness back under control. Rogers was recently timed running the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. Coming out of Michigan State, his time was at 4.3.

Full article: http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/200 ... ons_m.html
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Oh god no...

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 am

The real "Oh, God no" here is that the Lions didn't try him out. Our WRs suck and I bet CRog with a 4.5 time would make him a potential #4 or 5 WR.
I wish the dude the best of luck. Maybe he has gotten his head out of his pipe and can salvage some sort of career.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

It seems he signed in the CFL. We haven't seen what Northcutt will bring to the passing game and have only seen Calvin and Bryant for a single half. Derrick Williams has been the only guy (I think he will be the fourth receiver) we have gotten any kind of look at in this offense of the guys that will actually make the team. I'm not too worried about our receivers just yet. Its easy to be discouraged when Standeford and Colbert are leading your squad.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:10 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:It seems he signed in the CFL. We haven't seen what Northcutt will bring to the passing game and have only seen Calvin and Bryant for a single half. Derrick Williams has been the only guy (I think he will be the fourth receiver) we have gotten any kind of look at in this offense of the guys that will actually make the team. I'm not too worried about our receivers just yet. Its easy to be discouraged when Standeford and Colbert are leading your squad.

I guess I am more of a Chicken Little, but I have seen so little out of our WR corps that I cannot help but be concerned. Northcutt hasn't been more than an afterthought during his career, no reason to think that will change here. And Bryant Johnson hasn't taken advantage of his chances either, so how much hope can you pin on him? I wonder if Marvin Harrison is starving for attention enough to swallow his pride and come sign with us. He would be our #2 WR as long as he could run a route.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Did anyone else see that interview he did on ESPN? He came off as the biggest A-hole i have ever seen. Sitting back all cocky, it drove me crazy. The interviewer asked him if he used to wake up and smoke all day, hes like no not all day. I would wake up then around noon maybe id blow, watch some sports center, blow some more. I dont know the whole thing just drove me crazy.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions