Charles Woodson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Charles Woodson

Charles Woodson

Postby RunnaThaMills » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:42 am

Is Charles Woodson (GB - LB) going to be returning punts this year? I picked him up in a late round thinking that I could pick up extra points from punt return yardage. However, I have not seen him return a punt in any preseason and a scan of the 2008 regular season stats show that Will Blackmon may have take over the job.

I need to pick up another Lineman - so is Charles Woodson droppable?

I currently own - Ray Lewis, James Harrison, Charles Woodson - any thoughts?

Thanks
RunnaThaMills
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Charles Woodson

Postby 204BC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 pm

I don't see Woodson returning kicks or punts this season. Like you already mentioned, it appears that Will Blackmon has that job.

On the other hand, Woodson is still a fairly solid IDP player. The only knock I have on him is that his tackle totals aren't in the upper echelon of DB's. He only had 50 solo tackles in '08. He did however tie for second in the NFL with 7 interceptions (two of which he returned for TD's) and also tallied 24 passes defensed which was tied for 4th in the NFL (only 3 short of being tied for 1st). He also tied for first in the NFL among DB's with 3 sacks on the season. He's a top 5 player in every category among DB's except for tackles. Unfortunately, tackles are the bread and butter stat for IDP players.

If you league awards points for Passes Defended then that can help make up for the lower tackle totals. I'd still like to have him on my team unless there is someone with a chance to get significantly more tackles available on the waiver wire.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:38 pm

204BC wrote:I don't see Woodson returning kicks or punts this season. Like you already mentioned, it appears that Will Blackmon has that job.

On the other hand, Woodson is still a fairly solid IDP player. The only knock I have on him is that his tackle totals aren't in the upper echelon of DB's. He only had 50 solo tackles in '08. He did however tie for second in the NFL with 7 interceptions (two of which he returned for TD's) and also tallied 24 passes defensed which was tied for 4th in the NFL (only 3 short of being tied for 1st). He also tied for first in the NFL among DB's with 3 sacks on the season. He's a top 5 player in every category among DB's except for tackles. Unfortunately, tackles are the bread and butter stat for IDP players.

If you league awards points for Passes Defended then that can help make up for the lower tackle totals. I'd still like to have him on my team unless there is someone with a chance to get significantly more tackles available on the waiver wire.

I agree with 204BC, and FBG has Blackmon listed as the KR & PR. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
204BC wrote:I don't see Woodson returning kicks or punts this season. Like you already mentioned, it appears that Will Blackmon has that job.

I agree with 204BC, and FBG has Blackmon listed as the KR & PR. Good luck! ;-D

Actually if I'm not mistaken it is neither Blackmon or Woodson, instead its Jordy Nelson. I really think tho that this year GB will rotate guys through until they find the best fit, but that will in no means be Woodson with his age and value to the defense now.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:34 am

Sorry totally forgot it was an injury to Blackmon. If he isn't able to go this week tho Nelson will again take on the return duties, but once healthy Blackmon should regain the spot. I stand by my statement from earlier tho about GB rotating people into the return roles to find the best fit as Nelson showed he could get it done when called upon, averaging 31 and 7 respectively on kick and punt returns.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to IDP