I got Super Bowl Tickets!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I got Super Bowl Tickets!

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Whew!

:-°
:-°
:-° :-°

No Cowgirls or Cowgirl fans in Miami. No Romo or Witten jerseys. That means I won't have to get into a fight. :-° :-D

So that means its NO or MIN and NYJ or IND.

At this point, I guess I want to see NO vs. IND. That would be some high powered action.

The NYJ don't have enough star power for me to want to watch that game. I'm not trying to see a defensive struggle in the SB.

While I've forgiven Favre ever since he hit Baskett (or was it G. Lewis? I forget, but it was some ex-Eagle) for the last second TD against SF from the 40, I could care less if he gets to or wins another Super Bowl. No more hating, but certainly no sympathy for him. He's a HOFer for sure, so who cares at this point, expect MINny fans.

Of course if NO does make the Super Bowl, picking the prop bets (especially who is the first to score a TD) will be virtually impossible. I suppose I'll stick to the coin toss...not really.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Well here's something that pissed me off. I never realistically thought my wife would be able to go to the game with me because we have 2 kids and no trusted babysitter for 4 days while we jet down to sunny F-L-A. So, I kept the pressure off my wife in finding a babysitter until about 2 weeks ago. The whole while, I had my best man from my wedding on stand-by, ready to meet me in Miami.

So my wife makes a dreaded call to her friend who actually agrees to watch our kids. We were shocked and excited. My wife is a big-time football fan, so it will be fun going down there and watching the game. But we'll also get to party together every night which will be fun. Plus, now my wife and I can have our own little "after-party." ;-7 I love my best-man and all, but not like that! :-{ (not that there's anything wrong with that).

So, I spend half a day looking for the cheapest flights and rental cars. I finally figure out that if I fly into Fort Lauderdale, but fly back through West Palm, I'll save the most money. We bought the tickets and booked the rental car.

Then, my wife gets a text from her "friend." She says, "I don't think I'll be able to sit for your kids. My house isn't baby-proof and what if I have to go out somewhere? With my own kids, that would be too hard." My wife tells me. I go through the roof. This "friend" is a selfish S.O.B. anyway and we should have known she would pull a stunt like that. I tell my wife to rip her a new orifice. Of course, my wife won't do that. She isn't that way with people.

My wife then gets a text that says, "What if my twin 16-year old daughters watch the kids at your house? That would work." Yeah, right. Like we're going to turn over our house to a couple of twin teenage girls. This "friend" is so ridiculous and oblivious. I guarentee she got an invite to a Super Bowl party and then realized, WAIT! I can't go unless I ditch their kids. That's just how she is.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is, don't offer to watch our kids and then 4 days later tell us you can't because of things YOU should have thought about first. We already bought our plane tickets! We ended up making a miracle call to some neighbors who we used to hang out with 2 years ago, but haven't recently. Unfortunately, their husband stays deployed and we're so wrapped up with our own kids. Their husband is cool as all hell, though. When I told him I needed a miracle his first response was, "Dude - you've got Super Bowl tickets than it is a Man Law that we have to watch your kids. That's just what guys do for each other." ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm

What a great time!

We got down to Florida on Friday afternoon and I was sick as a dog. Stomach virus or something. Stayed in a hotel in West Palm and didn't do anything.

Luckily, the next day, it wore off a bit. We went shopping at City Walk in West Palm and I was able to have a drink at lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. By that night, I was fully recovered and we headed down to the beach at Fort Lauderdale where the NFL was sponsoring a party. It was a blast!

The NFL erected this on the beach.

We had dinner at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Factory (awful and will never EVER go there again) and partied at a place called Elbo Room much of the night. Danced and drank with my wife. Tons of Colts and Saints fans out and about. The atmosphere on the street was like that of a huge block party. Friendly atmosphere, too. I didn't see any fights or smack talk.

We also went and bought some souveniers. I fully expected to be able to buy some bootleg stuff on the street, but somehow the NFL works with Law Enforcement to crack down on that on Super Bowl weekend. There was only 1 guy we saw the whole SAT and SUN who was selling unlicensed t-shirts. I ended up buying a $35 hat and some other stuff for family and friends. A big splurge for the normally frugal Litz, but what the hell, right?

The next day, we headed to the stadium at 1:30 and partied inside the stadium grounds.

Lots of food and beer, live concert, etc. Daughtry was playing for a private $500 a ticket Tailgate, but we could see him from the back of the stage. There were lots of other distractions. Under Armor ran a "Combine" and people were running the 40, doing the high and long jumps, and there was also a shuttle run set up. W saw P.J. Brown, but I was never a fan, so I didn't stop to say anything or take a picture. DeSean Jackson made an appearance, though.

OK, so that's not the real DeSean, but the real Lombardi Trophy was on display.

Inside, the atmosphere was electric. For every 1 Colts fan, there were 3 Saints fans. Who Dat chants were EVERYWHERE! And when the stadium played N.O.-themed music, Sun Life Stadium simply erupted. It was awesome. I really wished the game was in N.O. so we could stumble down to Bourbon Street afterward! Since the Eagles weren't in it, we just wanted to see a good game, but since the stadium was so pro-Saints, we cheered for the Saints at every opportunity and had a great time with the surrounding fans. Here's a shot of the Saints celebrating right after they stopped Indy on 4th in the 4th.

Bag up, no more Saints fans! You are Super Bowl winners!

joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:37 pm

That sounds like a GREAT time! I'm so jealous. Plus you got to watch a great football game, not a blowout.

And let me be the first to say that your wife is very pretty. And I mean that in the most respectful way, as one husband to another. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 pm

knapplc wrote:That sounds like a GREAT time! I'm so jealous. Plus you got to watch a great football game, not a blowout.

And let me be the first to say that your wife is very pretty. And I mean that in the most respectful way, as one husband to another. ;-D

Thanks! No idea how I landed her and here's to hoping she never realizes that either! :-b
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Looks like you had an awesome time Litz, color me jealous as well. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm

joejlitz wrote:
knapplc wrote:That sounds like a GREAT time! I'm so jealous. Plus you got to watch a great football game, not a blowout.

Thanks! No idea how I landed her and here's to hoping she never realizes that either! :-b

Yeah, you and Met both hooked up way out of your leagues ;-7

Glad you had a great time, Joe, looks like a trip of a lifetime. You know of course that your DeSean pic is going to end up photoshopped somehow, yes?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:12 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

Yeah, you and Met both hooked up way out of your leagues ;-7

Glad you had a great time, Joe, looks like a trip of a lifetime. You know of course that your DeSean pic is going to end up photoshopped somehow, yes?

I'm DeSean. How in the world can you photoshop that to make me appear even more quick, strong, and muscular than that?

Oh geez, what did I just do?!?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Joe at the Superbowl after party! :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:45 am

ROTFL!!!! :-b :-b :-b

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier... I would have bought you a beer, or more. ;-D

My wife and I also went to the SB and then decided to stop in New Orleans for the parade on our way home.

I'll post some pics to follow....
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk