WR or RB? 9th pick in 12 team .5PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR or RB? 9th pick in 12 team .5PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR or RB? 9th pick in 12 team .5PPR

Postby jensen35 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Debating between taking a back or receiver at 9th pick. Leaning receiver, wanted some input. Assuming MJD, Forte, LDT, Peterson, Turner will be off board, possibly Deangelo, Andre and Calvin as well (Michigan-based league). Any thoughts appreciated.
jensen35
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR or RB? 9th pick in 12 team .5PPR

Postby gmoney973 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:30 pm

def grab DeAngelo if he is there, he will be a stud again this year
I would also grab SJax if he is there

if these 2 are not there then I would draft Calvin,Andre, Fitz or Moss and then take either Slaton or Gore in round 2. However if all 4 of these players are there at ur pick I would be tempted to take Slaton or Gore in round 1 and then take whoever WR falls in the 2nd
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:46 pm

The three options to me at that pick are DWilliams, RMoss, and LT. If DWilliams is there, he's the no brainer. If he's not there, I would be tempted to take RMoss. The only way I don't take RMoss is if all 4 of the top WRs are still available. Then, if I really think one of them will make it back through to me with my 2nd round pick, I might take the RB I like the best.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:49 pm

go WR/WR i would definitly take my choice of andre/moss/calvinJ. i would steer clear of fitz that early since he had a career year and boldin's back. if d-will is there,take him. but if not you can go against the usual rb run and take the best qb or WR
i would avoid s-jax since he is a good rb on a bad team and you can get that later
i would avoid LT
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 pm

jensen35 wrote:Debating between taking a back or receiver at 9th pick. Leaning receiver, wanted some input. Assuming MJD, Forte, LDT, Peterson, Turner will be off board, possibly Deangelo, Andre and Calvin as well (Michigan-based league). Any thoughts appreciated.

Don't pick a WR at the 9 spot. There should be RB's available that will suffice. You can gab a WR on the wrap if you want before they run. If you grab a WR you better hope one of the few decent RB's are there on the wrap.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby jensen35 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:56 am

Thanks for the input guys. However, I am in a very knowledgeable league. There's no shot of the top 4 making it back to me in the 2nd round, and little at even Slaton or Gore slipping that far. I think DeAngelo would probably be the pick if he's there, but if not I am probably going to go WR. How bad would it be on the way back around to take Brady/Brees instead of RB, assuming my RB choices at 16 were Westbrook, Jacobs, CJohnson, Portis and Barber? I'd jump all over Gore/Slaton, just am pretty sure they won't be there.
12 team, .5 PPR

QB: Warner, Ryan, D. Anderson
RB: Gore, P. Thomas, Benson, Hightower
WR: Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco, S. Smith (NYG), Hines Ward, Harvin
TE: Heap, Finley
D: Matchups
jensen35
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Wyatt » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Myself I'd take RB regardless in Rd1. If the league is knowledgeable than RB's will be taken off the board in the first 2 rds & than it will be slim pickings & you'll be left with RBBC players
Wyatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk