2009 season predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

2009 season predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

2009 season predictions

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:07 pm

will the Lions make a run at 0-27 to pass the Bucs in all time ineptitude, or will they fall short?

Week 1 @ New Orleans i would bet my house the Lions lose this game (but knowing them they would win just to spite me) but since i'm not look for Drew Brees to carve up what is still one of the worst D's in the league for 400 yards and 3 TD's and Mike Bell to punch in another...Reggie Bush should be able to return a punt as well. Matt Stafford should throw the first of many TD's to Calvin in garbage time
Saints 35, Lions 10
Record 0-1

Week 2 vs Minnesota we may be lucky enough to see this game on TV since it's a new season with our new franchise QB, but dont expect to see a win. AD puts up 150 yards and TD's...at the half...Chester Taylor spells him in the 2nd half as the Lions fall far behind unable to run against the stout Minnesota defense. Brett Favre throws a couple TD's for good measure...Matt Stafford throws a TD too...but to one of the Vikings DB
Vikings 38, Lions 6
Record 0-2

Week 3 vs Washington cries of "Same Old Lions" fill the streets, but the game still sells out. good thing this game isnt in Washington where the Lions havent won in ages, but they still have no chance. Look for Clinton Portis to rush for 100 yards and a TD and Jason Campbell to hook up with Santana Moss for a couple TD's. Stafford hooks up with Calvin again for the Lions lone TD
Redskins 27, Lions 13
Record 0-3

Week 4 @ Chicag0 the Bears D has a field day with the rookie Stafford returning a fumble and an INT for TD's. Matt Forte and Devin Hester score for the Bears on the offensive end. the Lions are again held without a TD
Bears 28, Lions 6
Record 0-4

Week 5 vs Pittsburgh the game still sells out because people want to see what a Superbowl champion looks like. Dick LeBeau's defense smothers the Lions and Stafford who turn the ball over 5 times...in the 1st half. Daunte Culpepper comes in to mop in in garbage time to save some wear and tear on Stafford
Steelers 35, Lions 3
Record 0-5

Week 6 @ Green Baythe Lions travel to not yet frozen Lambeau where they havent won since god knows when, and nothing changes this year. another Stafford INT is returned for a TD by Charles Woodson, but at least he hooks up with Calvin Johnson twice for scores. Kevin Smith finally finds the end-zone as well but Aaron Rodgers and the newfangled 3-4 Defense are just too much
Packers 38, Lions 24
Record 0-6

Week 7 BYE

Week 8 vs St Louiwith 2 weeks to prepare against an equally inept St Louis team, and fans thinking this might be their best shot at a W, the game still manages to sell out. Steven Jackson tops 200 total yards and add's 3 TD's, but Kevin Smith adds 100 yards and TD's of his own, along with 2 Calvin Johnson scores is enough to give the Lions a win and break the streak on a last second Jason Hanson FG. much to my dismay it ends at 0-23 :,-(
Lions 31, Rams 30
Record 1-6

Week 9 @ SeattleMatt Hasselback isnt going to let the Lions start a win streak just yet as he throws for 350 yards and 4 TD's. Smith, Johnson and Pettigrew all score for the Lions
Seahawks 34, Lions 24
Record 1-7

Week 10 @ Minnesotamuch like Lambeau, the Lions dont win here either. see week 2 analysis
Vikings 28, Lions 9
Record 1-8

Week 11 vs Clevelandi wouldnt even watch this game if it was on TV, but it wont be so i'll take my wife shopping or something. oh yeah, Lions win to keep their playoff hopes alive ;-7
Lions 31, Browns 27
Record 2-8

Week 12 vs Green Bayah...the good old Thanksgiving Day game AKA The Annual Cry To Take This Game Away From Detroit Game...and of course the Lions are embarrassed on national TV again, but it's our game dammit
Packers 38, Lions 24
Record 2-9

Week 13 @ Cincinattii know better than to think we win this game, but at least we go down swinging
Bengals 34, Lions 31
Record 2-10

Week 14 @ BaltimoreLions at Baltimore in December? DO NOT WANT (unless i have some fantasy Ravens and made the playoffs)
Ravens 20, Lions 0
Record 2-11

Week 15 vs Arizonaeven though i'll want to see this game for Fantasy purposes, i wont get the chance to as we go back to blackouts...Warner (or Leinert) and the Arizona WR's carve us up...but at least we score some points
Cardnials 42, Lions 34
Record 2-12

Week 16 @ San Franciso 2 teams with nothing to play for square off...the Lions find a way to win...yippee
Lions 24, 49's 20
Record 3-13

Week 17 vs Bearsif they Bears need this game to make the playoffs, they'll crush us. if they somehow have a playoff spot locked up, we'll win. if both teams have nothing to play for, ah what the hell, we'll win
Bears 20, Lions 10
Record 3-13

Dear whoever is in charge next year, please use that 1st round pick on defense...and most of the rest of them as well
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 season predictions

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 pm

I am caught a bit flatfooted so can only predict the first game. I call for a loss, and it won't be close. The D is going to be overmatched by the Saints offensive juggernaut. I see a 38-24 game that isn't as close as the score indicates.

Aww Cripes. Minnesoduh remembers that we played them close in the season of our discontent. They won't let us keep close this time. Game 3 is another blow out. 41-17. The season starts to look brutal once again.
Week 3-Have we ever beaten the Skins? We should keep it close, but too much Portis. 24-23
Week 4. Good shot to get a win…not. Cutler, Hester and Forte all have big days. Bad guys 28-Lions 17
Week five the Stillers come to town. NEXT!
Week 6 at the Pack. Rogers makes us wish Favre was still there. Cheese 31-Curds 23
Week 7 BYE wins, but game blacked out, nobody notices.
Week 8. The Schwartz has an extra week to prepare for the battered Rams. Jones best rushing day leads Lions to their first win in 23 games. Lions 35 Lambs 24
Week 9 Seahawks too tough at home, Julie even explodes for a 50-yard game. Housh there it is in the endzone times two. Hacks 27 Lions 17
Week 10 at the crapwrapper known as the HH Humphrey dome. Favre lost a limb in October but told no one. Throws for 3 INTs, but also 2 TD, ADP scores 2, Chester 1 and the Lions still suck in Minnesoduh. 42-14
Week 11. The Brownies come to town and show the exhibition season was no fluke. Bray Bray and Davis crush the Lions 24-10
Week 12 Dammit, now the Packers come to town. Where are the wins going to come from? LOSS
Week 13 The Bungals D are arrested prior to the game and Lions blow up. Lions 30 Felons 28
Week 14 At the Ravens, we beat the felons, not about the convicts. No, not gonna happen. Raves 24, Lions 3
Week 15 Zona comes to town. Leinart takes Beanie out on a kegger night before the game. Problem is: they are the starting backfield. Lions blow up, Cards blow chunks. 34-20
Week 16 Niners great host, but darn it they can run the ball. Gore, Coffee, and YA friggin Tittle go nuts on our over confident D Frisco 31 Crisco Cats 17.
Week 17 Duh Bearz blow into town and walk home with a hard fought win. Chitown 13, Motown 10.

There you have it, Lions 3-13

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 am

I'll say 5-11 for tonight and spell it out tomorrow after the W. I think Gunner will be the first D coordinator we've had in awhile that actually knows whats going on and may mask the lack of talent slight with unique blitzing. I think our offense is actually looking good barring injury. I'm wearing my Barry jersey to bed for good luck, I'll talk to yall after the game tomorrow ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

Based on preseason, I am going with 4-12

2008 = 4-0 = 0-16
2009 = 3-1 = 4-12?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:40 am

I guess deep down I didn't think it would be that easy for the big easy to score, but I was wrong. Very disappointed to see another start end up 14-0 before the Lions come out of the tunnel. Very hard to call any offensive plays when in the first 6 minutes of the game you are looking at a double digit deficit. It also gives little confidence to the defense. This was the best Offense in the league against the worst defense, so I'm not too surprised by the outcome and can't really make any prediction on what it will mean for the rest of the season. I'm just hoping it lights a fire under the right people
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Return to Detroit Lions