Return to College Football

Week 2 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 Games Talk

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Metroid wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:UCLA in a close one. Hope they hold on. :-o

Bullcrap call there. He got the ball out. :-t

It's obvious you're a Bruins fan, only someone rooting for UCLA would see that that ball crossed the goal line. It was close but the tail of the ball never completely crossed. Didn't matter though, huge win for the Bruins, I knew Neuheisal would get that program turned around. He's still got a ways to go but that is an awesome step. Kudos to UCLA. ;-D

Man that ND/Mich. game was fun. Anybody see that receiver for ND get the skin over his kneecap pealed back near the end of the game. %-6

I was rooting for Tennessee and it definitely should NOT have been called a safety.

In college, if ANY part of the ball gets out of the endzone it is NOT a safety. The rule is different (and done properly) in the NFL where the stripe is basically considered a part of the endzone, and if any part of the ball touches it, it is considered in the endzone whether you're going into the endzone or out of it.

However in college, the endzone rules change depending on whether you're going into it or out of it. If you're going in, any part of the ball touching the stripe counts as in the endzone. When going out, the ball can be touching the stripe if any part of it is out of the endzone, so they can actually spot the ball for the next play with part of the ball in the endzone, it's really weird.

It may be one of the dumbest rules in the book, but according to it that should not have been a safety.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 pm

That is weird, I thought for sure the entire ball had to cross the plane back out. :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:15 pm

man I'm loving this. Come'on Buckeyes. Intense.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Awesome win for SC. 8-o

My Ducks are showing some life but also looking awful at times. Some drives they look like the team from last year and on others they look like the team last week. Some nice reads and runs by Masoli, Crenshaw had a nice TD run, and 2 picks by the D, one returned for a TD by Thurman.

But sadly Purdue already has well over 200 yards of offense and the game is knotted at 17 at the half.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Well the Ducks held on for the win, overall it wasn't very pretty, but we got the W. Purdue actually put together a nice drive in the last minute or so and scored and needed a 2 point conversion to tie but couldn't convert. The Ducks still need a lot of work and I have a feeling this is going to be one of those learning, fairly disappointing seasons. :-/
Metroid

Previous

Return to College Football