Slowest its been during a week 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Slowest its been during a week 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Slowest its been during a week 1

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:48 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Articles? We have articles? :-b

Yea, I usually go straight for the forums, bypassing the home page. Mainly because, since I'm in semi-retirement from fantasy football, I come here for the football discussions. Which is why I live in the leftovers forums. Catering the whole board to fantasy players with a few scraps for just football fans is a mistake. Streamlining will help I think.

Not much to stop for on the homepage, so I don't stop there either. Right now there's a couple articles about Week 16 and one from Nov about sleepers. Surely there's more timely info???
:-?

Indeed there is - we just need someone to write it up for us! Part of the problem with these areas is apathy, part of it is that we have people who pull two-sport duty and have to switch to the other side (baseball/basketball/hockey), and the other part I can't really put my finger on :-?

I think off-season content (especially directly after the previous season has finished) is a true challenge for a free website that gets its content from volunteers. It's one thing to write something up in the offseason when you're getting 20 cents a word or 12 bucks an hour (or whatever), but if the season's over and you have "better" things to do with your free time than to write something just for the love of writing, then that's probably going to win out more times than not. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's just the nature of the beast. I think the best way to solve a problem like this is to ensure the writers get enough exposure/reads to make it worth their time, and that we as a site promote ourselves enough to facilitate that going forward...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Slowest its been during a week 1

Postby ffguru123123 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am

Great job, fellas.
ffguru123123
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk