9-11 Let us Never Forget - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

9-11 Let us Never Forget

Moderator: Football Moderators

9-11 Let us Never Forget

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Eight years ago today, our country was attacked by terrorists. Over 3,000 people died that day. There were many heroes that day, there remain many heroes today that are trying to bring those responsible for those attacks to justice/or to meet their maker.

Let us never forget... :,-(

Here's to a salute to our military and police/law enforcement forces worldwide for their continued protection and support!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9-11 Let us Never Forget

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Great post. Thanks!

I always stop to recognize every year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 pm

There is no greater praise than to our people (men and women) in uniform who protect our country.

In addition to praising our brothers and sisters under arms ( I am a vet myself USN), where were you when the shirt went down.

I was in the air on a plane. My whole faminly was freaking out. when I got on the ground in Oklahoma City there was 20 or so messages on my phone when I turned it on. I ended up with the last rental car within 250 miles and I would bet almost any amount of money that I broke the record for getting from Oklhoma City to Houston TX. I made it to La Porte and home in 10.5 hours and prolly burned up the engine in that little rice burner of a car.The only time I got below 80-90 MPH was when I was slowing down to get off the interstate for gas, food and piss. The police were just sitting on the side of the road letting all of us go and there was a crap load of people haulin it to get home.

I feel for all the people and their families who died on that day. LETS NEVER FORGET. AMEN!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

I was still active duty AIr Force at the time and had taken a staff package (headquarters jobs stink!) into my bosses office...the executive officer had just turned the TV on and we saw the second plane fly into the towers. Our command immediately stood up a crisis action cell and have been supporting the war efforts ever since...USTRANSCOM providing the means to move our men and women and cargo to any region on the earth!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:52 am

v
v
v

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:49 am

Let us never forget...

I was in 5th grade. I can remember exactly where I was sitting in the room when the principal came in.

USA
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:02 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Let us never forget...

I was in 5th grade. I can remember exactly where I was sitting in the room when the principal came in.

USA

5th grade as well, in gym class.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:21 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Let us never forget...

USA

5th grade as well, in gym class.

Same. English class sitting in the back right of the room.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

I was online looking at ESPN. There was a caption in the corner showing the towers burning. I thought it was an ad for a Bruce Willis movie or something like that until I clicked on another website an there it was again. Then turned on the TV...

:,-(

It was a sad and tragic day. I remember the feeling in the days that followed. We felt with some certainty that we would get hit again soon. Sadly, my great fear is that we get hit again... the next time with something far more destructive than a few airplanes.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 pm

I was in the middle of a book about Revelations and the next morning my wife wakes me up freaking out that planes were flying into buildings in New York. :-° :-b

Definitely will not forget those brave men and women who rushed into the madness to save the lives of complete strangers.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk