Week 1 GC: Washington @ NY Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: Washington @ NY Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 GC: Washington @ NY Giants

Postby Agent23 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Horrible play calling. The defense was on the field the whole first half. So, when they get the ball back (iside their own 5), they run 3x in a row. At least TRY to get a first down.

Also, every 3rd down and long (3rd and 8, 3rd and 6), you just knew the Giants would convert. Washington could not stop them at all on 3rd down.

This game was very hard to watch.
Agent23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 GC: Washington @ NY Giants

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:17 am

latraffic wrote:I'm thinking that Manningham kid could be one of this season's big rookie sleepers. Giants were waiting for someone to emerge. Hmmm....

Hey la! Good to see you around. ;-D

Awesome game for the GMen. This game was definitely not as close as the final score. Eli threw it all around. He hit 7 different receivers with his 1st 11 completed passes. Manningham could be the WR that steps up. Nicks was having a decent game before he got injured. I can't believe he didn't break his ankle or foot. That looked bad but they said it was just sprained. Steve Smith had an awesome game. He's someone that I tried to target late in drafts. The running game & D were solid. I was so glad to see Osi back this year. I can't wait to go see them play the Bucs in week 3 (I'm going to the game)! :-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting