5 things that suck - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

5 things that suck

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 5 things that suck

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:That's just mean....true but mean.

Mebbe we just stick to the Ducks. ;-D Woot woot... GO DUCKS!

Ducks were awesome on Saturday. They've very quietly (at least on the national scene it seems) put together a very impressive resume so far. They looked bad in week one, but in retrospect, an eleven point loss on the road to what is now a top-10 team isn't that bad at all, especially considering that that team has one of the best home records in the country over the last five years or so. Now they have back-to-back wins over top-20 teams, including what is probably the most impressive win of the season so far. Every team ranked higher than six that's lost has been in a close game, I'll take a 42-3 drubbing of the sixth ranked team over UW's win over USC, BYU's win over Oklahoma, Houston's win over Oklahoma St., Iowa's win over Penn St. and any other big win you want to throw in there. Purdue isn't a major power this season, but at least it's a Big 10 opponent, Oregon didn't schedule any Portland States, San Jose States, etc. Their non-conference schedule is as tough as anyone's this season. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up, but it'll certainly be fun to watch. I'm glad I was able to be there on Saturday.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Another thing that sucks...this wrong forum talk going on here... :-D :-B !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:That's just mean....true but mean.

Mebbe we just stick to the Ducks. ;-D Woot woot... GO DUCKS!

Ducks were awesome on Saturday. They've very quietly (at least on the national scene it seems) put together a very impressive resume so far. They looked bad in week one, but in retrospect, an eleven point loss on the road to what is now a top-10 team isn't that bad at all, especially considering that that team has one of the best home records in the country over the last five years or so. Now they have back-to-back wins over top-20 teams, including what is probably the most impressive win of the season so far. Every team ranked higher than six that's lost has been in a close game, I'll take a 42-3 drubbing of the sixth ranked team over UW's win over USC, BYU's win over Oklahoma, Houston's win over Oklahoma St., Iowa's win over Penn St. and any other big win you want to throw in there. Purdue isn't a major power this season, but at least it's a Big 10 opponent, Oregon didn't schedule any Portland States, San Jose States, etc. Their non-conference schedule is as tough as anyone's this season. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up, but it'll certainly be fun to watch. I'm glad I was able to be there on Saturday.

(ignoring ORS)
I like the way you talk, Art! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 am

1) The people who run a stop sign to pull out in front of me, and then can't even accelerate to the speed limit before I catch up to them and have to hit the brakes.

2) The people who camp inside the entrance to the grocery store, looking for handouts or trying to sell me crap I don't want.

3) Beer taxes going up again.

4) Colts on a bye week

5) My fingers turning orange when I eat cheeto's.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:07 am

scottaa1 wrote:5) My fingers turning orange when I eat cheeto's.

I really don't like that either. I don't like when I have any kind of food residue on my fingers or face, I have a bit of an anxiety about it. I love BBQ but I use a bazillion napkins when I eat it. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Metroid wrote:

I really don't like that either. I don't like when I have any kind of food residue on my fingers or face, I have a bit of an anxiety about it. I love BBQ but I use a bazillion napkins when I eat it. :-B

Oh, man, that's me too. I'm a little obsessive about it even. Can't stand sauce or anything on my fingers.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Oh, man, that's me too. I'm a little obsessive about it even. Can't stand sauce or anything on my fingers.

Yup, exactly.
Metroid

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Yup, exactly.

so washing your hands sucks or doesn't suck? 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yup, exactly.

so washing your hands sucks or doesn't suck? 8-o

That depends on what sticky substance is on my fingers. 8-o
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Redskins Win wrote:so washing your hands sucks or doesn't suck? 8-o

Not sure what you're asking RW (nice to see you around). I wash my hands regularly and have a bottle of hand sanitizer at my desk at work. I really don't like stuff on my hands. Well, it's weird, if I'm working outside I don't mind dirt and mud or whatever on my hands. But food, I hate. Seems like some foods, like Italian and mustard, you just can't get clean sometimes.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk