Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Postby daullaz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:35 am

I've posted a quick preview of each game for the rest of the week. Last-minute stuff, but next week's should be much better. I also wanted to reach out to you, the meat and potatoes of the Cafe. I think the reason we all love this place so much isn't because of the content per se, but because of the community feel of the Cafe. Some people want to make this a better place but don't know how, or maybe don't want to take on a huge chunk of responsibility. This thread is for those people.

I would absolutely be thrilled to have your help in this endeavor. Let's make the Cafe's Sunday Preview a group project. If you have a few minutes to write up a 1-3 paragraph preview for one of the games in the upcoming week, please consider helping us out. I'll keep a sign-up sheet posted below. Please don't claim a game until you're sitting down to write that preview, and if you check here to make sure that particular preview is unclaimed, we shouldn't be doubling up. Once you've written your preview, send it to my PM box with a title like "Preview: Eagles at Panthers." If you sign up and I don't have the preview within a few hours, I'm re-opening the signup for that game.

I expect this to be shaky at the outset, but my hope is that the power of the Cafe comes through and by mid-season, we have a really fun, unique article that has the place buzzing.

Week 5 Games (signup starts on Page 3).

CIN @ BAL
TB @ PHI
OAK @ NYG
DAL @ KC
PIT @ DET
WAS @ CAR
CLE @ BUF
MIN @ STL
ATL @ SF
JAC @ SEA
NE @ DEN
HOU @ ARI
IND @ TEN
NYJ @ MIA
Last edited by daullaz on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 12 times in total.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe's Sunday Preview

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am

I'll give a preview of the Bears/Steelers game.

Bust those journalism chops :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I'll give a preview of the Bears/Steelers game.

Bust those journalism chops :-b

Sweetness, are you still doing this?

As per the instructions, I asked people to hold off claiming a preview until they were about to write it. If I don't go by that, I know I'll get into a situation where I'm expected X number of previews on Saturday night, and they don't come.

I'm going to leave that game open for now, but give me a re-post when you start working on it and we'll sign you up for that. Once it's done, PM it to me.

As for the other games, is no one interested in this idea? It shouldn't take too long to write a one-paragraph or two-paragraph preview.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dalingh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:56 pm

I'd be happy to try my hand at the Oak @ KC game. I'm local here in KC and am an avid Chiefs fan (unfortunately).
QB: Schaub
RB: LT, P. Thomas, Benson, Maroney, Ganther
WR: Megatron, Boldin, Britt, Roy Williams
TE: Gates
K: Hartley, Kaeding
D/ST: Cincinnati, Tennessee
Dalingh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

i'll do the Detroit games each week...i'll try to get something submitted by Friday, i like to digest what i hear on local radio/newspaper throughtout the week
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Great, thanks for the interest!

Dalingh, re-post when you start work on the preview, and I'll sign you up at that time.

Dan, since we've worked together a bit already, I feel I can trust you to turn something into me on time. I'll go ahead and sign you up for the DET game.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Got Dan's preview. Anyone else up for this?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I can do the Bears if Sweetness decides not to. I can also do that at the 11th hour, if it falls through. Sweetness is an excellent poster though, so if he's got it, you're all set.

I don't feel comfortable with any of the other matchups yet, this early in the season, because I'm experiencing a "past events don't seem to resemble the present" sort of opening to my Fantasy Football season.

After this week, I would be happy to be assigned a specific team, and I'll do research for the matchups, etc. I just wouldn't want to give you my "insight" on a week 2 game for a team that I'm not fully familiar with, etc.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm

I would like to do the Preview for the Jets/Pats game, I'm 99% sure I'll be able to do it but won't be able to get to it until tomorrow.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Great! I'll mark SameSong down for Jets/Pats.

Sweetness, please let us know that you're still on board for the Bears whenever you have a chance.

FatFoot, I understand you not being comfortable taking a Week 2 matchup. Maybe you want to look ahead to Week 3 and start plotting something out?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Next

Return to Football Talk