Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Postby daullaz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Still looking for volunteers.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y2J » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 am

Ill do it week 3 for up to 4 games, any games. I can preview them all.. Do you want a preview of it in a fantasy sense, with approx points per player and what you think will happen in the games as well? Not a problem.

Here's one for this week: Bengals at Green Bay
C. Palmer - 250 yrs, 1 TD passing, 1 int
C. Benson - 70 yrs, 1 TD Rushing, 30 yrs rec
C. Ocho5 - 60 yds, 1 TD,
Coles - 30 yrs
Henry - 45 yds
Def - Bad
S. Graham - 3 FG, 2 XP

A. Rodgers - 290 pass yds, 2 TDs
R Grant - 120 yrs, 1 TD
G. Jennings - 100 yrs 1 TD
D Driver 60 yrs 1 TD
J. Jones - 25 yrs
Donald Lee - 20 yds
Def - At least one pick and fumble rec
M. Crosby - 6 pts

I think it'll be closer than most people think, but I cant wait to see 85 do the Lambeau Leap! Too bad the Bungles will find a way to lose yet again, especially on the road. The Pack D is legit after more passes seemed to go to them than to bears WRs! Yet Caper's 3-4 prone to a few mistakes if a good QB can take advantage (See what I did there Cutler). Capers D's always start solid game 1. Lets see em make it at least 2 in a row. prediction GB 24-20
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby daullaz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 am

Y2J wrote:Ill do it week 3 for up to 4 games, any games. I can preview them all.. Do you want a preview of it in a fantasy sense, with approx points per player and what you think will happen in the games as well? Not a problem.

Here's one for this week: Bengals at Green Bay
C. Palmer - 250 yrs, 1 TD passing, 1 int
C. Benson - 70 yrs, 1 TD Rushing, 30 yrs rec
C. Ocho5 - 60 yds, 1 TD,
Coles - 30 yrs
Henry - 45 yds
Def - Bad
S. Graham - 3 FG, 2 XP

A. Rodgers - 290 pass yds, 2 TDs
R Grant - 120 yrs, 1 TD
G. Jennings - 100 yrs 1 TD
D Driver 60 yrs 1 TD
J. Jones - 25 yrs
Donald Lee - 20 yds
Def - At least one pick and fumble rec
M. Crosby - 6 pts

I think it'll be closer than most people think, but I cant wait to see 85 do the Lambeau Leap! Too bad the Bungles will find a way to lose yet again, especially on the road. The Pack D is legit after more passes seemed to go to them than to bears WRs! Yet Caper's 3-4 prone to a few mistakes if a good QB can take advantage (See what I did there Cutler). Capers D's always start solid game 1. Lets see em make it at least 2 in a row. prediction GB 24-20

Thanks Y2J, I'll get this in today's preview article.

The format we'll go with is one paragraph per team. I don't need specific point totals broken down, as the range of scoring settings is vast. What we would like to see is whether you feel a particular player has a cake matchup, who might struggle, etc.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:29 am

The lineup for Week 3 is now posted. Please claim your previews here, but only if you're on your way to writing them at this time. Don't claim something and leave us hanging.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 am

I will do Chicago - Seattle and maybe one or 2 others (will decide tonight) as backups, just to make sure we have more coverage.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

FatFoot wrote:I will do Chicago - Seattle and maybe one or 2 others (will decide tonight) as backups, just to make sure we have more coverage.

Thanks. When do you think you'll have Chi-Sea done?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:15 am

I will do one for you today, but I'd like to review it after Wednesday. It's probably a bad idea to publish any such articles before Wednesdays, with injury reports etc. You coulda dropped me a note that you didn't have one for Bears Steelers... had my whole weekend free for once! :P I offered...
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:25 am

You can definitely count me in for at least one preview, but like fatfoot I can't get started until I hear i see/hear atleast one practice.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

FatFoot wrote:I will do one for you today, but I'd like to review it after Wednesday. It's probably a bad idea to publish any such articles before Wednesdays, with injury reports etc. You coulda dropped me a note that you didn't have one for Bears Steelers... had my whole weekend free for once! :P I offered...

Yep, I had a pretty bad case of food poisoning which essentially ruined my weekend. Didn't have much time for anything but my paid writing and feeling miserable. You guys can totally make changes throughout the week -- it's not going to publish till Sunday. Just send me the first draft ASAP so I have something to go with, and then hit me up with a final draft sometime Saturday.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby Y2J » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 pm

How's this

NYG-TB Preview
(To be updated as news comes in during the week)
I look at this game like Florida vs Central-Eastern Michigan Polytechnic. The Bucs are willing to take a road trip and get shredded for a high 6 or 7 figure payout. The G-Men should dominate every aspect of the game while Tampa may get some scores in the 4th quarter after the contest is long lost for Rahim Moore. I look for Eli to throw for over 100 years to each of the New Blue Dynamic Duo, Mario Manningham and Steve Smith. Grab them if you still can and start em this week. Brandon Jacobs and Bradshad should get a rushing TD each. The Giants achilles heel is their run defense. The Caddy is warmed up and should be the only starting Buc in your lineup. I look for Leftwich's top target to be The Soldier Kellen Winslow until we know for sure Antonio Bryant's injury status
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk