Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe's Sunday Previews -- Care to help?

Postby Y2J » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Browns vs Ravens Week 3 Preview
Autobots : Transform and move out! That's exactly what the Ravens have done the first two weeks of the season becoming an offensive monster. Thanks to an amazing Rayenthal game-saving tackle the defense held up its end last week. It will be much easier this week vs the Brownies. The ugly brown passing attack will not do much, Quinn will dink and donk it before fumbling or throwing to the wrong team. Edwards looks like he remembers that WR's are not supposed to drop the ball. He should pick up most of Quinn's non-INT lobs and probably will score since I'm facing him in two leagues. Flacco is doing his damndest to disprove the Sophmore Slump and should break 300 yards easily. Ray-Ray Rice, Mase, Claton and Heap all should perform admirably, with Rice having the highest combined yard total. Unfortunately for you, I own Rice in three leagues so the jinx is going strong - McGahee will vulture all of TD's Ray-Ray set up. I can see Jamal Lewis retiring before he rushes for 100 yards again let alone accomplishing anything close vs the Ravens. Robert Royal seems to be the #2 receiving option for the Browns, but that doesn't mean fantasy viability. In short - start your Ravens and Sit your Browns
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 am

Yep, looks good Y2J.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Alright, I've written 4 games previews so far-
Atlanta @ New England
Tennessee @ NY Jets
Green Bay @ St Louis
Kansas City @ Philadelphia

Games left (accounting for games claimed in posts in this thread)-
San Francisco @ Minnesota
Jacksonville @ Houston
Chicago @ Seattle
New Orleans @ Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Miami @ San Diego
Denver @ Oakland
Carolina @ Dallas
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Y2J » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Edit : we should have a Thursday deadline for these next week so we get the article up in time

Miami at San Diego
Its official, LT2 is out for this game. In theory this should help the Dophins. But we all know about crazy theories. In reality, this will help the Chargers. A sub-100% Tomlinson is a detriment to the Chargers offense. I'd rather he not play at 70%, gain 30 yards on 20 carries and hurt both your fantasy team and the Chargers. The best thing coming from this news is that Darren Sproles will be the feature back. He is THE MAN. Over 400 yards of total offense from his wouldn't surprise me, and I expect over 275 rushing+receiving+return yards at a minimum. Vincent Jax is becoming a man in front of our eyes, making fingertip grabs, keeping his feet in bounds and is Philip's #1 receiver. Look for 100 yards and a TD coming his way. Sproles should get around 125 on the ground, 100 in the air via screens and wheel routes and 2 TDs total. Rivers will get his 300 yards passing, 2 TDs, and 1 unsportsmanlike taunting penalty like he usually does. Pennington should be throwing a bunch of short passes and may get 150-200 total passing yards. Ginn still hasn't figured out that a catch constitutes of holding on to the football and Bess is showing us a high ceiling. Even with fewer targets they should get about 60 yards each receiving. I see the TDs going to Ronnie Brown - and Miami scores about 17 pts total in my opinion. With Jamal Williams out for the year, Brown and Ricky will be the heart of the offense, 100 yards total for Run Ronnie Run and 60 for the ganja man. On the TE front, Gates might catch around 7 passes for 60 yards, Fasano just a couple grabs for 30 yards. Look for a Charger win, 34-17.
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Y2J » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:26 pm

San Francisco at Minny
I am looking forward to this game, and you should too from a fan not fantasy perspective. The only two players you need to concern yourself with are the two stud backs, Gore and AD. I like what the niners are doing this season, but until AD gets stopped I won't pick against them. Farve is doing his best Tavarius Jackson impersonation and will throw a TD along with a handful of picks to the revitalized Niners defense. I see both Gore and AD with two TDs, Gore with 100 rushing and 40 receiving yards while AD to gain 140 rushing and 50 receiving. At best, the three SF WR's Battle, Morgan and Bruce combine for 125 yards with a slight chance for one TD between them. Vernon will have about 5 grabs for 40 yards. Shaun Hill is not starting-worthy in this matchup and neither is Farve. Farve will probably throw one TD, most likely to his favorite red zone target Shiancoe. Berrian will have about 60 yards, Harvin 50 yards and 25 rushing. Chester Taylor will have a few screen passes his way for 30 yards but not many rushing opportunities. Who would you rather hand off to, AD or Chester? My point exactly. This will be a close game the Vikings will pull out thanks to their ability to control the ball, 28-21.
Y2J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby daullaz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am

The article is always going to run on Sundays.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 am

The entire Sunday Preview article is up and ready to go.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:37 pm

sorry...i dropped the ball on the Lions game this week
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk