Anthony Gonzalez - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anthony Gonzalez

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anthony Gonzalez

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 am

Rotoworld:
Colts coach Jim Caldwell reiterated Monday that Anthony Gonzalez (knee) has a chance to resume practicing this week.
"He ran some routes on Saturday," Caldwell said. "He felt really good. He feels like he’s close to going. Whether that’s this week or next week remains to be seen." Look for Gonzalez to be upgraded to "questionable" or at least "doubtful" on this week's injury report. The Colts face the 49ers in Week 8.

Will he or won't he?
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

grab him now......looks like he will be in lineup week 9....
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Twelve Inch Ditka wrote:grab him now......looks like he will be in lineup week 9....

Just gonna throw this out there, not saying your incorrect by any means but...

1. IF AGon is in the lineup this weekend how many plays are you expecting out of him with not even practicing a day yet since the injury? Not only is it going to take some time getting the pains out of that knee with game action being put back on it, but its going to take some time to get him back up to game speed.

and

2. If he does stay in the lineup, how productive do you expect him to be in the first week?? Collie and Garcon have been just fine in his absence so I don't see the Colts rushing AGon back and having him out there for every play, let alone 3/4-half of them. Also you gotta keep in the back of your mind the knee is going to still be an issue no matter if you wanna believe it or not. Once you weaken one spot on the body its not going to be 100% like it was before the injury.

Believe it or not how much I've been saying about AGon vs. Collie/Garcon and the injury, I do actually own him in my dynasty league, I'm just going to look at every angle I can with him. Not just going to say 'ok hes good to go' without a day of practice since the injury and without a full quarter played since then in real game time also. Wouldn't go too, too far just yet, hoping your right, but just not taking that step yet.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stitch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 am

I agree with maybe starting him week 9. Leave on bench week 8 even if he is active.
Stitch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Moose3 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:32 pm

You dont grab AGon for week 8,9, or 10. You simply have him on your bench for the final fantasy playoff push. In case some of your players are injured between now and then or if they rest some players during fantasy playoffs. Just grab him for the mere sake that your opponents cant get him if you have him.
Moose3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sobore » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:20 am

Fri, Oct 30
There was talk Gonzalez could return to practice this week after running routes last weekend, but there were no signs he was ready to get back on the field. It still may be a few more weeks before he's ready to get back in game shape.

Sounds like he could be ready to go by spring training. Too bad he plays football. :~(
sobore
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Phantasy Phun in Phx » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am

Since IND is winning without him they probably feel there is no reason to rush him back until he's 100%. I do however feel he will be very productive once he does return!
Phantasy Phun in Phx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:20 pm

I picked Gonzalez up as a week 10 bye fill in so I'm watching this thread closely. Time to help out... "Take my hand, Anthony. We will do this together. Ready?" "Heal!!" I say. "Heal and be well... by week 10!" WHACK! [I just hit him in the forehead]. OK. We're good.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Not so good...

Colts coach Jim Caldwell revealed Wednesday that Anthony Gonzalez is getting a second opinion on his lingering knee injury.
Beat writer Phil B. Wilson calls it "not a good sign" and doesn't expect Gonzalez to return "anytime soon." The second opinion will presumably come from Dr. James Andrews, and is being pursued to find out whether Gonzalez needs surgery on his sprained torn PCL. Strongly consider dropping Gonzalez if there are potential impact players on your waiver wire. Nov. 4 - 2:06 pm et
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah I think you could safely drop him at this point. The mere fact that he evens needs a 2nd opinion would hint that he's at the best several weeks away from coming back. Not worth the roster space IMO. Let's say hypothetically he returns at or around week 11-12. That gives him a very small window of getting up to game speed while the Colts still even need to play Peyton due to clinching a playoff spot. Again, not worth the roster space IMO.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk