Donovan McNabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donovan McNabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: McNabb McBreaks a McRib

Postby nola_saint » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 am

Whether he plays or not, i think this helps the RBs and TEs the most. The Saints will blitz McNabb and try to put pressure on him and his ribs which will mean quick throws, ie short throws. I think westbrooks value goes up. I don't think McNabb plays personally, too early in the season to lose you star QB for even more time. Even if they start Kolb, I still think he throws more to the RBs and TEs since he is still learning the Offense and can't make all the reads and again, he will be getting a lot of pressure from the Saints and have to dump the ball short.

From NFL.com:

"He's pretty sore," coach Andy Reid said Monday. "He's going to try and battle through it. He'll struggle to practice. He's going to do everything he possibly can to try to play. We'll see how that goes. He's staying optimistic about that."

McNabb is not ruling himself out for the Eagles' game against New Orleans next Sunday.
the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8129e06c&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:00 am

Hes out this week now correct? People are saying that Westbrooks value goes up with McNabb going down. Then how come i feel better with him playing? You can look at it both ways I guess. I just think the defenses are going to know that Westbrook is going to get the ball a ton and just blitz the crap out of corncob and watch Westbrook. They do that and they have a good shot at winning. I would say however, in PPR, where I have Westbrook, his value does in fact go up.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:39 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Hes out this week now correct? People are saying that Westbrooks value goes up with McNabb going down. Then how come i feel better with him playing? You can look at it both ways I guess. I just think the defenses are going to know that Westbrook is going to get the ball a ton and just blitz the crap out of corncob and watch Westbrook. They do that and they have a good shot at winning. I would say however, in PPR, where I have Westbrook, his value does in fact go up.

He is unofficially OUT; officially doubtful. Kolb spoke like he is the starter. DeSean Jackson said Kolb is the starter.

As for Westbrook's value, it is all speculation. I would rather have McNabb. The Eagles still will pass 65% of the time, even with Kolb. That's how they do. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what Westbrook does this week. Should be good with McNabb out. Sucks that I definitely won't start DeSean Jackson now though.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:37 am

joejlitz wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Hes out this week now correct? People are saying that Westbrooks value goes up with McNabb going down. Then how come i feel better with him playing? You can look at it both ways I guess. I just think the defenses are going to know that Westbrook is going to get the ball a ton and just blitz the crap out of corncob and watch Westbrook. They do that and they have a good shot at winning. I would say however, in PPR, where I have Westbrook, his value does in fact go up.

He is unofficially OUT; officially doubtful. Kolb spoke like he is the starter. DeSean Jackson said Kolb is the starter.

As for Westbrook's value, it is all speculation. I would rather have McNabb. The Eagles still will pass 65% of the time, even with Kolb. That's how they do. ;-D

;-D
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Donovan McNabb

Postby tfunky14 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Any new news on McNabb, I would guess he is out this week too(3)
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 pm

tfunky14 wrote:Any new news on McNabb, I would guess he is out this week too(3)

That is the word. He hasn't practiced. At this point the Eagles are just trying to get him through the Bye week.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby peterpiper555 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Does anyone know just how long he's supposed to be out?

Mod Edit: SPAM

Sucks for me... I have him and I'm wondering if I should trade him. (as if anyone would take him now...)

In the meantime I need a new QB!
peterpiper555 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:26 pm

peterpiper555 wrote:Does anyone know just how long he's supposed to be out?

Mod Edit: SPAM

Sucks for me... I have him and I'm wondering if I should trade him. (as if anyone would take him now...)

In the meantime I need a new QB!

The coach said he will come back after the bye week. So week 5.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby tfunky14 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 am

Are you serious? McNabb is a top 5 QB when healthy. And add the fact that he plays for a pass happy offense increases his fantasy grade.
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk