Week one Wake - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Week one Wake

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week one Wake

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

What were your thoughts about the proud effort vs Drew Brees? One down, and down in the loss column.
My knee jerk reaction is anger, and it surprises me because me expectations were very low.

Here is what makes me angry. The play calling. It sucked. Sorry, if you can't find a way to get Megatron open quickly, you suck. Get it together Linehan.
We took the wrong QB. I am not giving up on Stafford, but Sanchez looks light years ahead of him. We had better stay the course with this guy, cause I can only imagine how bad Culpepper would have been today.
We still have a huge problem on O-line. Raiola. He cannot get any push on runs, expecially the short yardage, goalline stuff. And his personal foul garbage mean as little to me as his great ability to call blockin asssignments seems to mean to the Lions run game. WE have to draft a center next year.
K Smith is not breaking out this year. Though he will make good strides as a pass receiver, he needs blocking. The kind Raiola can deliver...after the whistle.
WE mad a mistake drafing a TE. Pettigrew was less than inviible. The guy is as big as a house and we don't see him in the red zone? Early indicators are Bustola.
Sims isn't a bust, but he isn't very good. Can this guy ever make a play?

0-33 suddenly looks very real.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week one Wake

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 pm

i was watching the game, but i was more interested in my fantasy scores (week 1 excitement) so i kind of watched it half-heartedly
anyway...Stafford looked like a rookie QB...having a sieve for an O-line doesnt help, especially when you are down by 2 TD's for most of the game, but he didnt look good (rushed throws, over-throwing WR's)
i know it's just one game, but it seems like we may have decent Returners (of course we cant stop a return though)...i really like what Aaron Brown brings to the table
agree they needed to focus more on Calvin, part of that may be a Rookie QB afraid to throw into double and triple coverage
the D looked bad, but it was against the best O in the league, but i'm not expecting much against even a mediocre O
nice to see the same undisciplined play...hopefully The Schwartz can correct that quick
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Calyxes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Honestly, it was not as bad as I would have thouht. The DEF sucks, but who did not know that already. Stafford did not look great, but I can see some promise there.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am

Calyxes wrote:Honestly, it was not as bad as I would have thouht. The DEF sucks, but who did not know that already. Stafford did not look great, but I can see some promise there.

What occurs to me is that they told Stafford to be careful about INTs. I think that is why he was throwing so many balls short or low. They really need to tell him, just throw the damn football. Forget about INTs. Trust your instincts. He can't start many more games playing not to lose.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions