GOOD START - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

GOOD START

Moderator: Football Moderators

GOOD START

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 am

Hey guys, i'm back....

Good start by the 'Hawks, Hass looked iffy at first but utilized his weapons later in the game. I know we played STL, but still a good start and once the kinks are all hammered out i like our chances in the NFC West.

SF will be a good game this week, i think we have much more firepower on both sides of the ball, but SF plays with a lot of heart like we saw against ARI.

Everyone elses thoughts?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GOOD START

Postby biju » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

Yes, we're supposed to beat the Rams. But the fashion in which we beat them is what really count IMO. Let's be realistic, the score should have been 28-6. Josh Brown isn't going to miss many field goals and then the turnover on downs certainly should have been 3 points too. But not letting them into the end zone is big regardless of what team we're playing.

Heck, the Lions, Chiefs, Bengals and Raiders (the other 4 bad teams from 2008) all got into the end zone.

What gets me pumped up right now is the way I'm hearing Aaron Curry talk and be talked about. I read that the refs came over "at least 3 times" to Jim Mora and told him to calm down 59. When Curry would come off the field he's be completely calm and in control. We want 18 more teams to complain about him. Here's a guy who still doesn't completely know the defense and playing only on instinct. What in the world is he going to do once his instincts are in line with the scheme? Did you guys see him hit Steven Jackson and lift him up off the ground and 3 feet to the right? This kid is going to be a monster for years to come.

The loss of Hill sucks, but he should be back within a couple weeks and with the re-signing of D.D. Lewis who knows the system and then our young guys (Herring, Hawthorne and Laury) who looked great we should be fine.

Josh Wilson looked pretty good in coverage and I think Ken Lucas was only really turned around once. The secondary did fine against the Rams (again, a team they should look fine against) with not only a "don't break" mentality but for the most part they didn't bend either.

Hasselbeck *must* be ok, otherwise Mora would have never split him out wide. Speaking of which, what a unique playcall. There was a lot of opportunity there with Seneca in the pocket and Hasselbeck outside. There are at least three different plays that could be run there: the one they ran as well as passes downfield from both guys. Yeah, he looked rusty coming out of the gate but those first 8 or so passes were the only time he didn't look right. The rest of the time he looked good.

And what about the running game? 167 total yards on the ground. Julius Jones goes 19 for 117 and a TD. Yeah, his numbers wouldn't look so good if not for that one long run, but as we always say: you can take away that run.

The O-line doesn't give up a sack and now they're saying Walter Jones and Chris Spencer are going to practice this week. The zone blocking scheme seems to be coming into place faster than we expected as we're #6 in rushing yards. Heck, we're #7 in passing yards too.

The D-line looked stout and Steven Jackson didn't really get anything going with the exception of one run late in the game. I'm still not 100% sure if we took away the S-Jax dump off or if they just didn't go with it, but I don't think he caught a single pass. Bulger was hurried and sacked all game long and we covered the entire field nicely. There was hustle and they looked to have a mean streak. I loved the fact that the Rams started getting just down right angry and started committing personal fouls. We frustrated them.

Yes, we're supposed to beat the Rams. We should be cautiously optimistic. But you can only play the schedule you're given and the Seahawks made a strong statement on Sunday to everyone who discounted us this year.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 pm

I love biju posts... and WELCOME BACK Alkaholic! I was 4 rows from the field on the 13 yard line and am pretty pumped about the prospects of a big year.
;-D
Go SEAHAWKS!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Great Post Biju

Sad news, but Hill is now out until November they are saying.

Herring should fill well and we have DD Lewis as another LB if anything comes up.

Carlson is a BEAST and i like our WR options. cant wait to see what we do against the 49ers, should be a great game all the way.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Return to Seattle Seahawks