Late Meltdown entries - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Late Meltdown entries

Moderator: Football Moderators

Late Meltdown entries

Postby drunkmonkey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Quite a few people (including myself) submitted after Thursday's game. Since it still accepted posts, I assumed we would just lose that game. It appears we were completely disqualified for the week. Does that mean we're SOL this season?
drunkmonkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Trivia Time Trial ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Late Meltdown entries

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Bye Weeks and Safety Weeks

Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you simply can't get online to submit a prediction. And sometimes, the week's matchups are simply so tricky that you'll want to give them a miss. That's what the bye week is for: each player may miss one week of the season, for whatever reason, and will still be able to make the same number of predictions the following week. (This also means that players may join the game after Week 1.)

Any further missed weeks will count as safety weeks, in which players automatically lose half of their remaining predictions, rounded up.

Example: In week 6, you still have 7 predictions left, but don't submit any predictions. Your bye week goes into effect, and you'll still be able to make 7 predictions in week 7.

If you again submit no predictions in week 7, you'll be down to 3 predictions in week 8.

From the rules thread:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14483

In a nutshell, you'll get to pick all 16 games next week, but you will no longer have a "bye" week, so another missed week of picks at any point during the game this season will cost you half your picks (rounded up if needed).

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drunkmonkey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 pm

I must have overlooked that. Thanks! ;-D
drunkmonkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Trivia Time Trial ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Shaffe » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:08 am

Is it required that you must make every single pick available? I'd rather miss that one game (and any others) than burn my bye. The reason everybody submitted all the games was because the system wouldn't let you make your picks without making all 16. The rules say the deadline is flexible and I don't see how missing one game should be the same as missing the whole week and using a bye.
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:21 pm

It sucks in the first week you have no option to skip any games so if you don't make picks for EVERY game you get DQ'd for the week. Luckily you still get 16 picks the following week you just won't have a bye the rest of the season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Shaffe wrote:Is it required that you must make every single pick available? I'd rather miss that one game (and any others) than burn my bye. The reason everybody submitted all the games was because the system wouldn't let you make your picks without making all 16. The rules say the deadline is flexible and I don't see how missing one game should be the same as missing the whole week and using a bye.

Yeah, I can understand that. I'd rather miss that early game too if I missed the deadline, but getting in before the deadline is part of the game even though the deadline is flexible (most weeks there are 4-5 days to get picks in). With 16 picks to make, that means getting in before any of the official NFL games start though. And with Hammy locking games now, it plays an even bigger part, because if someone was to wait (like in the example listed in the rules thread that I've underlined below) and Hammy had that game locked for that player, that player would be screaming at the top of his lungs because he'd be eliminated. So getting in before the deadline is all a part of the game.

Deadlines

The deadline for submitting your tips is flexible - it depends on the earliest game you choose for the particular weekend. As an example, if you have only one tip left and the game you choose is on Monday, submitting your tip Monday morning will be early enough.

IMPORTANT: Please note that if any game on your list has already started, it means that all your predictions for that weekend will be invalid. In this case, that week will be counted as your bye week, or, if you have already used your bye, as a safety week.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Cafe Games Talk