Week 2 Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 Sleepers

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Already? Yeah why not I wanted to get this one out there...

Chestor Taylor vs. DET...great flex play
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 2 Sleepers

Postby chchelse » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 pm

I was thinking Harvin vs Detroit, myself.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:58 pm

GB and WAS defense.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:51 pm

I like Washington DST against St. Louis
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby gmoney973 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:I like Washington DST against St. Louis

Fail
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby benb18a » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:20 am

gmoney973 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:I like Washington DST against St. Louis

Fail

Why, STL fan? :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 am

dunno how much of a sleeper, but coming into the season he was but...

-Willis McGahee and or Ray Rice against SD.
After seeing what DMac and Bush did to this SD D tonight i have to think that Ray Rice and McGahee can do the same.

-Ill add another Vike to the mix, Sidney Rice. He actually looks like he may have figured something out this year and Favre said he likes the kid. Could be a potentially good play.

-Don't know how much of a Sleeper pick but still doesn't seem like this kid is getting enough recognition. Dustin Keller TE-NYJ. He has quickly become Sanchez's favorite target and went for dang near 100 yards on 4 catches against Houston. After losing Mayo (which i don't know how long he will be out) it leaves that LB core pretty thin. I think Keller and Sanchez will be able to pick that D apart through the middle.

Again these are fairly well known players, but given matchups have been though to get benched. The last one i don't think has caught enough of peoples eye yet to make a difference, but mark my words Keller will be a top 5 TE this year.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 am

bazzy_51 wrote:dunno how much of a sleeper, but coming into the season he was but...

After seeing what DMac and Bush did to this SD D tonight i have to think that Ray Rice and McGahee can do the same.

-Ill add another Vike to the mix, Sidney Rice. He actually looks like he may have figured something out this year and Favre said he likes the kid. Could be a potentially good play.

-Don't know how much of a Sleeper pick but still doesn't seem like this kid is getting enough recognition. Dustin Keller TE-NYJ. He has quickly become Sanchez's favorite target and went for dang near 100 yards on 4 catches against Houston. After losing Mayo (which i don't know how long he will be out) it leaves that LB core pretty thin. I think Keller and Sanchez will be able to pick that D apart through the middle.

Again these are fairly well known players, but given matchups have been though to get benched. The last one i don't think has caught enough of peoples eye yet to make a difference, but mark my words Keller will be a top 5 TE this year.

I'd call them sleepers, It's not like your naming Top 5 players at their positions...

I agree with all of your sleepers except for McGahee...I think SD caught onto OAKs gameplan by halftime and it was pretty easy for them to stack the box by then. Although BALT is slightly more versatile than OAK.

On a side not, did anyone think it was odd how easily SD marched down the field on that 2 min drill like it was supposed to happen or something. Almost as if the whole game was a sham and SD could have done it the whole time..I have to give props to OAK though, if only they had REAL QB.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby ckl81 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 am

SameSongNDance wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:dunno how much of a sleeper, but coming into the season he was but...

I'd call them sleepers, It's not like your naming Top 5 players at their positions...

I agree with all of your sleepers except for McGahee...I think SD caught onto OAKs gameplan by halftime and it was pretty easy for them to stack the box by then. Although BALT is slightly more versatile than OAK.

On a side not, did anyone think it was odd how easily SD marched down the field on that 2 min drill like it was supposed to happen or something. Almost as if the whole game was a sham and SD could have done it the whole time..I have to give props to OAK though, if only they had REAL QB.

I think that's par for the course for SD. I don't know why, but they always seem to put themselves in a situation where they NEED to have a drive to keep them in it, and they nearly always get it done. While that's fantastic (I'm a Chargers fan), it makes my heart stop way too often. Oakland looked tremendously good yesterday. I think that Seymour pickup is going to make me give the Raider DST a definite look. If he can keep collapsing the pocket consistently all year, that could spell good things for a fairly good Oak secondary...
[URL=http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=merriman3ec1.jpg]Image[/URL]
ckl81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Sanchez vs the Pats.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Next

Return to Football Talk