Week 2 Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 Sleepers

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:29 am

Just looked over more possibles. Now some of these may be more for deeper leagues 12-14 plus or flex starts, but could chip in a nice PT total or BLOW up big:

Michael Jenkins WR-ATL: Jenkins had 4 catches for 41 yards against a pretty good pass defense last week (Miami). And I think with all eyes on the other 2 big receiving options (White and TGon) Jenkins could sneak deep for a big play or 2 along with a couple mid range balls. I don't think seeing Jenkins going for 75-90 yards+ and a score is too far of a stretch. Carolina has a good pass D, but again with the other bigger targets on the field and the matchup against the weaker of the 2 CB in Marshall.

Martellus Bennett TE-DAL: I think this is the week to get a score out of Bennett. Hes going up against the GMen who have a pretty stout overall defense but did give up 7 catches for 68 yards and a score to Cooley last week. Also looking at the matchup for coverage its looking good for Bennett. Bennett is as widely known because of Witten, but IMO he runs just as good of routes as Jason and hes going up against either Chase Blackburn (who hasn't seen the field enough to be considered a threat) or Danny Clark who is a career journeyman. Look for Bennett to rack up in the neighborhood of 40-60 yards and at least 1 TD.

Bryant Johnson WR-DET: Ok yes i picked a Lion but for a couple simple facts: 1. he had 45 yards on 4 catches last week, so showed he still has hands at least 2. Detroit will be playing from behind all day=passing a TON and finally 3. Megatron opposite of him will give Bryant (who i think still has some very good skill, remember this is a former 1st round pick 17th overall in 2003) a lot of one on one coverage. To think this is crazy, but I don't think we can rule Johnson out for 60-70+ yards.

Louis Murphy WR-OAK: Going up a shaky as best KC defense. JMan found him for a 57-yard strike and score last week and I see the same. This week is the week that Murphy gets into the books with a day of 100+ yards and at least 1 TD. Johnnie Lee Higgins and Chaz Schilens are still out for this week leaving Murphy WR1 and DHB starting opposite. Look for Murphy to be a true, true surprise this week.

and 2 last iffier picks that could be big boom or marginal plays:

Pierre Garcon WR-IND: With AGon out and Hank Baskett not knowing the offense and not being a true factor, added to the fact that Garcon was targeted more last week then Collie I think Garcon is a strong Flex start. I also see Indy passing more then last week as the Dolphin defense is the best part of the team and may keep it very tight. Garcon has flown way under the radar because most didn't know if it would be Collie or Garcon, I would put my money on Garcon. Looking for 60-80 yards and a possible score, if he doesn't score tho I will take the experience and yardage total for this week anyday!

finally my surprise of the week that again could be big boom or marginal, depending on the lead:

Jerrious Norwood RB-ATL: With the pure destruction of Carolina last week by Philly, I see it getting no better with Carolina having to head to Atlanta. I think if they get out big early like Philly did then you will see alot like what Philly did with Westy/McCoy, pull Turner off the field more for Norwood. I'm looking for 100 total yards out of Norwood at least this week, I think he spring one big one and then helps eat up the clock spelling Turner. Looks like a pretty good match up for him as Carolina gave up 5.8 yards rushing per play and a crazy 185 total rush yards.

These all look like good Flex starts at least to me.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk