Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype?

Postby 011472 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Week 1 was very disappointing for Henry. The biggest problem for me wasn't the 1 catch, but the fact that he looks to be behind Caldwell and not always on the field in 3 receiver sets.

After we raced to pick him up, is Henry worth dropping for a Burleson/Gage/Robinson/Bennett type?
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype?

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:54 pm

I still believe the guy can produce. He's still starting for me in my WR3 spot behind Moss and Calvin.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby default01 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 pm

At this point, I'd definitely drop him for Bennett or Burleson. Gage is a closer call. If you have good WR depth, I'd hang onto Henry. If you need immediate production, go with Gage. Robinson I wouldn't consider yet. Other close calls would be Chansi Stuckey or Steve Smith (NYG). I'm set at WR with Henry as my WR5 and my bench is looking good so I'll give it another week or two to see what happens. If you don't need production immediately, hang onto him a little while longer (unless a guy like Bennett or Burleson is available).
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

default01 wrote:At this point, I'd definitely drop him for Bennett or Burleson. Gage is a closer call. If you have good WR depth, I'd hang onto Henry. If you need immediate production, go with Gage. Robinson I wouldn't consider yet. Other close calls would be Chansi Stuckey or Steve Smith (NYG). I'm set at WR with Henry as my WR5 and my bench is looking good so I'll give it another week or two to see what happens. If you don't need production immediately, hang onto him a little while longer (unless a guy like Bennett or Burleson is available).

Oddly, I disagree. Not that Henry should be held onto, but in who I would drop him for.
Gage seems like the clear cut #1 in Tennessee. I would swap. Love Stuckey and Burleyman too. Smith in PPR, Bennett may be too, how many times did Henry get targeted..., not by the police, by Palmer?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

moochman wrote:
default01 wrote:At this point, I'd definitely drop him for Bennett or Burleson. Gage is a closer call. If you have good WR depth, I'd hang onto Henry. If you need immediate production, go with Gage. Robinson I wouldn't consider yet. Other close calls would be Chansi Stuckey or Steve Smith (NYG). I'm set at WR with Henry as my WR5 and my bench is looking good so I'll give it another week or two to see what happens. If you don't need production immediately, hang onto him a little while longer (unless a guy like Bennett or Burleson is available).

Oddly, I disagree. Not that Henry should be held onto, but in who I would drop him for.
Gage seems like the clear cut #1 in Tennessee. I would swap. Love Stuckey and Burleyman too. Smith in PPR, Bennett may be too, how many times did Henry get targeted..., not by the police, by Palmer?

Someone just dropped Henry in my league, he drafted him real early too.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Slayer Rules » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 pm

I just added him as my WR4 to replace Anthony Gonzalez, and Bennett, Burleson, Hendersen and all of these other "flavors of the week" were still available. None of those guys has the upside that Henry does - he's physically unconver-able.

No one on the Bengals (other than Benson) did squat Sunday - I'm quite comfortable with Henry on my bench and waiting this thing out for a while - the cream will rise to the top. It was Palmer's first game back in a while and he also specifically addressed Henry's poor day, which indicates to me that the Bengals consider that to be the exception rather than the norm.

I feel quite lucky that someone decided to drop him, because losing Gonzalez was quite a blow. Henry is a guy who I think can have a true impact this year - as he's done in the past.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cyclepunk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:25 pm

He's coming off an injury so you'll have to be patient.
cyclepunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby default01 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:I just added him as my WR4 to replace Anthony Gonzalez, and Bennett, Burleson, Hendersen and all of these other "flavors of the week" were still available. None of those guys has the upside that Henry does - he's physically unconver-able.

No one on the Bengals (other than Benson) did squat Sunday - I'm quite comfortable with Henry on my bench and waiting this thing out for a while - the cream will rise to the top. It was Palmer's first game back in a while and he also specifically addressed Henry's poor day, which indicates to me that the Bengals consider that to be the exception rather than the norm.

I feel quite lucky that someone decided to drop him, because losing Gonzalez was quite a blow. Henry is a guy who I think can have a true impact this year - as he's done in the past.

Ochocinco - 5 rec (7 tgt), 89 yds
Caldwell - 6 rec (8 tgt), 54 yds
Coles - 1 rec (5 tgt), 11 yds
Henry - 1 rec (2 tgt), 18 yds

Coles had a bad game but Ochocinco was decent and it is a little discouraging that Caldwell was targeted 8 times for 6 catches while Henry only caught 1 of 2. I'm also ignoring most of the other "flavors of the week" at this point because I agree with you. Henry has more upside and it was also a good sign that Palmer specifically addressed how Denver was playing extremely deep and double covering him.

Prior to this week though, I had Bennett and Burleson ranked just slightly behind him as possible sleepers and think both have almost as much upside and at this point they both look like much safer picks since Denver was able to shut down Henry so easily. If Bennett or Burleson were still available in my league, I'd probably drop Henry for one.

I'll leave the other "flavors of the week " on the waiver. There are plenty of consistent, low upside guys available if needed and I'm not about to drop a high upside guy like Henry for Gage (not available) or Robinson at this point. If I eventually need a bye week fill in and Henry has not proven himself, he'd probably be the first one to go for one of those guys (or Stuckey or Smith-NYG or Bess or Clayton -- too many equivalent guys available to worry about replacing a WR5 now).
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 pm

default01 wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:I just added him as my WR4 to replace Anthony Gonzalez, and Bennett, Burleson, Hendersen and all of these other "flavors of the week" were still available. None of those guys has the upside that Henry does - he's physically unconver-able.

Ochocinco - 5 rec (7 tgt), 89 yds
Caldwell - 6 rec (8 tgt), 54 yds
Coles - 1 rec (5 tgt), 11 yds
Henry - 1 rec (2 tgt), 18 yds

Coles had a bad game but Ochocinco was decent and it is a little discouraging that Caldwell was targeted 8 times for 6 catches while Henry only caught 1 of 2. I'm also ignoring most of the other "flavors of the week" at this point because I agree with you. Henry has more upside and it was also a good sign that Palmer specifically addressed how Denver was playing extremely deep and double covering him.

Prior to this week though, I had Bennett and Burleson ranked just slightly behind him as possible sleepers and think both have almost as much upside and at this point they both look like much safer picks since Denver was able to shut down Henry so easily. If Bennett or Burleson were still available in my league, I'd probably drop Henry for one.

I'll leave the other "flavors of the week " on the waiver. There are plenty of consistent, low upside guys available if needed and I'm not about to drop a high upside guy like Henry for Gage (not available) or Robinson at this point. If I eventually need a bye week fill in and Henry has not proven himself, he'd probably be the first one to go for one of those guys (or Stuckey or Smith-NYG or Bess or Clayton -- too many equivalent guys available to worry about replacing a WR5 now).

I bet at some point in this season, Chris Henry gets those 8 caldwell targets and he'll be relevant quickly. Good news is Coles wasn't a factor.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:53 pm

You should of expected this, Henry is expected to make a contribution faster if Coles or Chad is hurt(or replaced), but the slot guy is Caldwell and he is going to play ahead of Henry for now. Now if they decide to replace Coles with Henry then he bumps up, but for now Caldwell is getting those slot WR reps and making the most of them.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer