Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chris Henry- Don't believe the hype?

Postby mattUTD20 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I would dump Henry for Gage in a heartbeat. Those other guys are a toss up. Gage is probably the most underrated WR in fantasy.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinj312 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 am

Well the match-up this week at GB does not look good either.

I think you have to bench him this week and monitor the CIN offense. I think he's downgraded to WR5 status. I still want him on my team, great upside, but he ain't starting. Sit back and wait, it's only week 1.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fantasizing » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Pretty amazing how people draw conclusions and make decisions based on the outcome of 1 game.

Maybe Henry was hurt and couldn't run full speed?
Maybe his marker was doing a good job covering him?
Maybe he ran bad / wrong routes on some plays?
Maybe Palmer was a bit off or didn't see him on some plays?

Who the hell knows. All I know is that the first thing they teach you in a statistics class is that you cannot
draw any conclusions from 1 data point.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 pm

LS2throwed wrote:You should of expected this, Henry is expected to make a contribution faster if Coles or Chad is hurt(or replaced), but the slot guy is Caldwell and he is going to play ahead of Henry for now. Now if they decide to replace Coles with Henry then he bumps up, but for now Caldwell is getting those slot WR reps and making the most of them.

IMO Caldwell getting those targets really hurt Cole's value since isn't he a slot guy? Either way, Caldwell getting looks really has no consequence on Henry's value.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bungle613 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

cyclepunk wrote:He's coming off an injury so you'll have to be patient.

Coming off injury and 3 years of zero production. Did not draft him in a single. Maybe if I had the roster space I would grab him now but he is not a guy I would target at all in any other form then a free add/drop.

Gage, Burleson and whoever else was mentioned I would take ahead of Henry. Gage I would take by a mile.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CRob44 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:25 pm

he played in coles spot not henrys
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm

I realize talk is cheap, but:

Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski vows to get Chris Henry more involved in Week 2 at Green Bay.
Henry saw only 18 of a possible 63 snaps in the club's opener. Bratkowski acknowledged that it had to do in part with Henry's missed practice Thursday of last week due to a thigh injury. However, Henry has a difficult matchup and definitely isn't usable in fantasy leagues until we see some production.
Source: bengals.com

It helps that the offense looked horrible without getting Henry involved. Obviously we'll just have to see.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deadshot11 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 pm

If Denver schemes to take away the deep ball, that hurts Chris Henry.

One game does not a fantasy season make.
deadshot11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:You should of expected this, Henry is expected to make a contribution faster if Coles or Chad is hurt(or replaced), but the slot guy is Caldwell and he is going to play ahead of Henry for now. Now if they decide to replace Coles with Henry then he bumps up, but for now Caldwell is getting those slot WR reps and making the most of them.

IMO Caldwell getting those targets really hurt Cole's value since isn't he a slot guy? Either way, Caldwell getting looks really has no consequence on Henry's value.

I didn't see the game but some said Coles looked alot slower then usual, and he did drop a few passes early I believe, but I saw Caldwell at the end of last year and he really looked like he started to 'catch on' while Jerome Simpson was still clueless. He started running their Wildcat, making plays, and the coaches had some very high praise for him so he very well could start to eat into Coles value more.

His contract may be too high to drop him, but I'd give him a few more weeks to see if he picks things up otherwise Henry or Caldwell could end up replacing him. Just hard for me to like Chris Henry awhole lot when he's virtually 4th right now, on an offense that isn't what it used to be. Carson rarely throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's anymore, and he'd need a day like that for Henry to have a productive enough day to be a fantasy starter, unless you get lucky on a TD bomb.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 am

Seems like C Henry is clearly the opposite of D Henderson right now.

I think we will see more of him this weekend. CIN says they are gonna make an effort to involve him more in the offense, so we'll see. He should have plenty of opportunity especially if the GB offense gets on track (playing at home, again), CIN will be passing to catch up.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk