Joe Flacco - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Joe Flacco

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe Flacco

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:18 pm

I'm in a 10 team dynasty league and have a pretty stacked team, but I'm always looking to improve my team. This is a standard scoring league, 6pts all tds, 1pt per 10 yad rus / rec, 1 pt per 25 yar pass, 0.5 ppr. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2IDP.
So what does everyone thing about Flacco? I know that he had a very good rookie year, and blew up in week one. Is this going to continue, should I look to make a move for him? I know that Cam Cameron pretty much sucked as a head coach, but as a OC he is great and always produces top players. What does everyone think?? Thanks for looking, leave a link.
My Team:
QB- Palmer, Eli, Orton
WR- Fitz, Calvin, Colston, C. Henry, Hixon, D. Bess, S. Rice
RB- AP, DWill, R. Brown, R. Bush, M. Bush, Caddy, C. Taylor, Bernard Scott
TE- Dallas Clark, O. Daniels
K- Longwell
IDP- Willis, Ryans, Beason
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Joe Flacco

Postby DrEricFautstein » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Ok i am a Chiefs fan, and let me tell you our pass defense on sunday was laughable...Flacco had like 20 straight pass attempts in the first half because the Chiefs wouldnt show any signs of rushing the passer or covering the receivers downfield....what im saying is two things. A.) The Chiefs D made Flacco look like Tom Brady, and really any decent QB in the league wouldve had a similar day but 2.) He is still a very solid option at QB, and i would certainly rank him higher than Orton (currently on your roster, no?)...just dont expect him to post career highs in virtually every category week in and week out...that was one of his easiest matchups of the year....going into this season i wasnt really impressed with Flacco as a fantasy option because they play in the same division as PIT, CLE, and CIN all of whom i think have respectable defenses this year...plus they really dont have a striking receiver that puts fear in opposing defenses...and they have a good stable of RB's....and he only threw for like 17 TDs last year which isnt enough for my liking...

but the more i look at it, Flacco could be primed for a much improved year...i would play him when he has good matchups, and when your no.1 QB is up against a top 3 defense only...but get rid of Orton..dude blows
Ryan/Flacco - Rice/Peterson - V.Cruz, St.Johnson, Den.Moore, Mike (TB) - Hernandez/Rudolph
DrEricFautstein
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:37 pm

I have Flaco as a backup to Mcnads but I don't think you will see too many weeks like last week. KC is very weak as a D. But it does give me alot of confidence in him to put up 250 and a few TD's. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby hwiggen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Flacco's numbers weren't great last year but if you look at his stats from the second half of the season they were pretty good. I took a chance and started him over Eli last week (not that Eli's that great in fantasy) and I'm going to stick with Flacco for awhile. This could be an offense on the way up.
hwiggen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattp987 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm

I've been considering picking up Flacco and dropping Carson Palmer. I have Rivers as my number 1. However, I drafted Palmer and it's hard for me to cut ties with him this week and just leave him floating on the WW. Obviously Palmer was basically drafted to fill in Rivers 'bye week, but I was anticipating Palmer starting the season off more strong and being able to ship him to an uneasier Warner owner or packaging him someway and getting him out. My main reason for his is because on Rivers bye week--they play Baltimore. And down the road, for me I can't foresee many situations where I would start Palmer over Rivers, especially considering im in a PPR and it appears Sproles role will be larger than before.

If I was in your shoes, dropping Orton would be the first thing that came to my mind. I feel the Flacco situation is simply (well its not really simple) a gamble that has a considerably large pay off and not much of a downside for your situation. Orton has way less experience with his offense than Flacco but arguably has better WR's in Royal and Marsh. But Flacco doesn't have a bunch of bums like people have been saying--hes got a vet in Mason,it looks like Heap is back and Clayton went 5 for 70ish and a TD. Also consider Willis and Rice in the passing game and things don't look too shabby. KC may have given him everything but his schedule is favorable with the exception of weeks 11-13 where he plays IND, Pit, and GB...and then weeks 15 and 16 he plays Chicago and Pit. So that might be your problem...he might not be able to bring you home to the promise land in week 15 or 16.

Thats my take...however for my situation, im still not sure if I would take Flacco or Palmer...i think im going to let it marinate and hope no one else snags Flacco.
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 am

Im still wondering why I drafted Schaub in two leagues over Flacco..... CMON MATT!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:58 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Im still wondering why I drafted Schaub in two leagues over Flacco..... CMON MATT!!

My name is Matt to. Don't associate my name with such a crappy pick. :-D

Actually I was high on Schaub.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Baltimore Ravens