Will Leinart take over the starting gig soon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Leinart take over the starting gig soon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Will Leinart take over the starting gig soon?

Postby justinj312 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:13 pm

History and age are not on Warner's side. IMO this is just the first crack in the damn. See LT.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:00 pm

He'll more than likely have to play horribly (worse than Delhomme) for weeks to lose his starting job. Only realistic way he'd lose his job is if his hip that he had surgery on in the off season gives out, or something of that nature. But, If Favre can take hits the way he did vs. CLE and be alright, Warner will be alright. No real sign of alarm yet.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 am

SameSongNDance wrote:He'll more than likely have to play horribly (worse than Delhomme) for weeks to lose his starting job. Only realistic way he'd lose his job is if his hip that he had surgery on in the off season gives out, or something of that nature. But, If Favre can take hits the way he did vs. CLE and be alright, Warner will be alright. No real sign of alarm yet.

Not a good comparison, the guy who holds the record for consecutive starts vs a guy who got a concussion bagging broccoli.
This may be another way that Zona can sit Warner if the team continues to struggle. They can say his hip isn't fully healed, try on Leinart and re-insert Warner after he can walk without a limp.
Not saying that it will happen, just pointing out the many ways the Cards can rationalize a QB move early in the year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 pm

moochman wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:He'll more than likely have to play horribly (worse than Delhomme) for weeks to lose his starting job. Only realistic way he'd lose his job is if his hip that he had surgery on in the off season gives out, or something of that nature. But, If Favre can take hits the way he did vs. CLE and be alright, Warner will be alright. No real sign of alarm yet.

Not a good comparison, the guy who holds the record for consecutive starts vs a guy who got a concussion bagging broccoli.
This may be another way that Zona can sit Warner if the team continues to struggle. They can say his hip isn't fully healed, try on Leinart and re-insert Warner after he can walk without a limp.
Not saying that it will happen, just pointing out the many ways the Cards can rationalize a QB move early in the year.

I would say this discussion can wait awhile now. :-b ;-)
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 am

bungle613 wrote:
moochman wrote:

I would say this discussion can wait awhile now. :-b ;-)

Which is great news. The Cards are a lot funner team with Warner at the helm.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 am

24 of 26 8-o. JRussel get out the note pad haha
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RyanK » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 pm

i wouldnt mind learning behind warner...

bulger, eli.... leinart?
RyanK
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby u_fig_eater » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 am

So this discussion is now over, right? After Warner set an NFL record going 24 for 26 (92.3%)!?
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby iky » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

moochman wrote:So unless Warner gets it turned around pretty quickly, say by week 3, he could be in danger of losing his job.

Yeah, I think going 24 out of 26 pretty much secures Mr. Warner's job. And Cardinals play-off spot. :-°

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm

iky wrote:
moochman wrote:So unless Warner gets it turned around pretty quickly, say by week 3, he could be in danger of losing his job.

Yeah, I think going 24 out of 26 pretty much secures Mr. Warner's job. And Cardinals play-off spot. :-°

I wish my team could secure a playoff spot with one game. 8-o
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk