T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Houshmandzadeh Hurt - Doubtful for Week 2

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm

I take it back, Nate would end up drawing CB Clement :-t . Anyone have a take on this. I really like Carlson here.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Houshmandzadeh Hurt - Doubtful for Week 2

Postby mattp987 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Houshmandzadeh (back) missed practice for the second straight day Thursday, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports.
Spin:
Houshmandzadeh is expected to be fine for Sunday's game at San Francisco, but this is becoming mildly concerning for fantasy owners. Seattle has a late afternoon kickoff on Sunday, so hopefully this doesn't come down to a game-time decision.

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh missed his second consecutive practice Thursday due to back spasms. There is no word on when Houshmandzadeh started to feel the spasms or how bad they are, but the team doesn't seem to be overly concerned. Houshmandzadeh missed two days of practice last week and still played against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday. He caught six passes for 48 yards.

This was originally reported as a "ribs" injury, so at least the injury isn't so vague now. Houshmandzadeh will probably still play and play well on Sunday against San Francisco, but any time a player misses two consecutive practices, you have to start asking questions.

I don't think he is "doubtful" at this point at all...but even with that said you have to monitor it.
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Houshmandzadeh Hurt

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 am

So is it ribs or back? Or is it TJ taking a page from TO's book and just not wanting to practice, wouldn't be the first nor last time he has/will pull this if it is the case as posted here. I remember (when I was living in Ohio :-P ) Cincy fans who were up on their game pissing and moaning about TJ doing this quite a bit.

Anyways on to the quote:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh (back spasms) missed a second straight practice Thursday.
Housh has made it a habit to miss Wednesday and Thursday practices. Just to be sure, check Friday's official report before inserting him into your starting lineup this week.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willb » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm

bump for latest news
willb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby livinginarizona » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2009895487_apfbnmendingseahawks.html

Taken from today's writeup:
Top wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh practiced for the first time this week following back spasms. He is listed as probable and says he will start.

Deion Branch is less likely to play. He missed another day with a strained hamstring that he first hurt in practice on Sept. 7.
livinginarizona
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Classical case of TJ having a crappy week, pouting about it because he didn't get targeted enough in the game and more over didn't get the ball enough. Did this alot in Cincy, Seattle is just making a bigger deal about it because:

A. Seems like every WR on their roster has been out for some period of time last year and this
B. This is their new 'big player' with alot of hype around him and finally
C. Because Seattle hasn't gotten used to TJ's antics yet.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:16 am

Seahawks | Houshmandzadeh probable for Week 2

Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:09:02 -0700

Seattle Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (back) participated in practice Friday, Sept. 18. He is listed as probable for Week 2.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

HOUSHMANDZADEH

Postby kickureface » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 am

so anyone who follows seattle extensively waht do you think of him? whats going on with him? he was listed with injury earlier this week but i dont think it has anything to do with it...
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: HOUSHMANDZADEH

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

kickureface wrote:so anyone who follows seattle extensively waht do you think of him? whats going on with him? he was listed with injury earlier this week but i dont think it has anything to do with it...

Not a Seattle guru by any means. But I'm now living in Tacoma (bout 20 minutes outside of Seattle) so I get to watch all the Seattle games, yay, not. But anyways, to me it looks like Housh was just overrated. I for one will be the first to admit that I hyped him up, I thought that he would be gold with Hass this year as I thought they meshed perfectly as possession players. Boy so far have a I been wrong. To me it just looks like hes out there just to be out there, and thats about it. Housh is very talented, but at times, well ok I'll be truthful, to me most of the plays it looks like he runs halfa$$ routes and just decides when its good for him to go all out.

Prime example of this, he is considered a very good blocking WR, watching week 2 there was a run play to the opposite of the field as him. He comes off the line and just kind of bumps into the DB, JJ ended up cutting it back across field. Guess who makes the play? The DB that Housh didn't block, had he blocked it would have been sprung for at least another 20-30+ yards, if not a TD with JJs speed.

Add to it the fact that all this hype coming into Seattle you would have thought this guy was superman. A couple of drops and un-run routes later and Burleson is the #1. Watching Hass before he got injured, and now that Wallace is in there, snap of the ball drop back and the eyes are not even going to Housh's side of the field. Burleson has looked like a man possessed this year, and is becoming either QB's best friend because he is catching anything within the vicinity of him.

Housh does have some sort of injury, something with his wrist/hand, as he left the game a couple times yesterday to get it worked on, but came back. There is no way I blame that 'injury' on his performance tho. He is pulling his same old crap, just in a different city this time. The skipping practice because hes 'injured', the drops, the sh!tty route running and one big negative yesterday, the fumble. This may, and I'm really hoping will once Hass returns, turn around and he could end up a legit #2 fantasy WR. With that said tho, I, from what I've seen thus far, don't see that happening anytime soon if it does even happen.

Its just ending week 3, but from what I have seen thus far I have the confidence to say this is a bust depending on where you picked this guy at. More over Housh's effort right now tho, again, is Burleson's opposite end of the spectrum effort. Burleson is THE #1 in Seattle and will continue to be, as long as he stays healthy, he is also a legitimate #2 fantasy WR and potentially a #1. Remember the days back in Minnesota? Your going to see a little more of that here in Seattle with Nate rather then TJ.

Now let the debating/bashing of me begin, but remember anyone watching these Seattle games can in now way disagree with the fact that Housh looks like he 'could careless' and just sluggish/slow...

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Burleson, baby! Housh aint got nothing on that kid.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk