RBs - 5 booms 5 busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:And a second:

I think this week you can finally get off the Forte 'no skill' bandwagon. Seattle may be again without Tatupu and the likes of: (oh yeah had to use a colon because of the list) defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Michael Bennett, linebacker Leroy Hill and cornerback Travis Fisher. And if they stack 8 and sometimes 9 in the box again this week you can bet your butt Forte should be able to do some damage.


Not no skill, he's just avg, and his line isn't great either. What's to like? I simply think he's not a 1st round back, definitely not in the same league as AP, Turner, and DeAngelo. Vs a good defense, his performance was very predictable.

Vs Seattle, yeah he might score for the first time this year, simply b/c he's the GLB. He will get decent stats by virtue of situation but not b/c he's a great player or anything.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 pm

2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:And a second:

I think this week you can finally get off the Forte 'no skill' bandwagon. Seattle may be again without Tatupu and the likes of: (oh yeah had to use a colon because of the list) defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Michael Bennett, linebacker Leroy Hill and cornerback Travis Fisher. And if they stack 8 and sometimes 9 in the box again this week you can bet your butt Forte should be able to do some damage.


Not no skill, he's just avg, and his line isn't great either. What's to like? I simply think he's not a 1st round back, definitely not in the same league as AP, Turner, and DeAngelo. Vs a good defense, his performance was very predictable.

Vs Seattle, yeah he might score for the first time this year, simply b/c he's the GLB. He will get decent stats by virtue of situation but not b/c he's a great player or anything.


Didn't you just make the argument in the other thread that it's all about situation? Why then if Forte is the clear feature back with goal line carries locked up is he not a 1st round caliber RB this year?
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:42 pm

mattb47 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:And a second:

I think this week you can finally get off the Forte 'no skill' bandwagon. Seattle may be again without Tatupu and the likes of: (oh yeah had to use a colon because of the list) defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Michael Bennett, linebacker Leroy Hill and cornerback Travis Fisher. And if they stack 8 and sometimes 9 in the box again this week you can bet your butt Forte should be able to do some damage.


Not no skill, he's just avg, and his line isn't great either. What's to like? I simply think he's not a 1st round back, definitely not in the same league as AP, Turner, and DeAngelo. Vs a good defense, his performance was very predictable.

Vs Seattle, yeah he might score for the first time this year, simply b/c he's the GLB. He will get decent stats by virtue of situation but not b/c he's a great player or anything.


Didn't you just make the argument in the other thread that it's all about situation? Why then if Forte is the clear feature back with goal line carries locked up is he not a 1st round caliber RB this year?


Ahem Matt. :-°
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:44 pm

mattb47 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:And a second:

I think this week you can finally get off the Forte 'no skill' bandwagon. Seattle may be again without Tatupu and the likes of: (oh yeah had to use a colon because of the list) defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Michael Bennett, linebacker Leroy Hill and cornerback Travis Fisher. And if they stack 8 and sometimes 9 in the box again this week you can bet your butt Forte should be able to do some damage.


Not no skill, he's just avg, and his line isn't great either. What's to like? I simply think he's not a 1st round back, definitely not in the same league as AP, Turner, and DeAngelo. Vs a good defense, his performance was very predictable.

Vs Seattle, yeah he might score for the first time this year, simply b/c he's the GLB. He will get decent stats by virtue of situation but not b/c he's a great player or anything.


Didn't you just make the argument in the other thread that it's all about situation? Why then if Forte is the clear feature back with goal line carries locked up is he not a 1st round caliber RB this year?


Low end RB1s usually don't get drafted 1st round.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:18 pm

If Forte doesn't boom this week, there is going to be a serious panic from Forte owners, myself included. :-o
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 454
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 pm

2ksports wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
Not no skill, he's just avg, and his line isn't great either. What's to like? I simply think he's not a 1st round back, definitely not in the same league as AP, Turner, and DeAngelo. Vs a good defense, his performance was very predictable.

Vs Seattle, yeah he might score for the first time this year, simply b/c he's the GLB. He will get decent stats by virtue of situation but not b/c he's a great player or anything.


Didn't you just make the argument in the other thread that it's all about situation? Why then if Forte is the clear feature back with goal line carries locked up is he not a 1st round caliber RB this year?


Low end RB1s usually don't get drafted 1st round.


Where did the low end RB1 part come from in this discussion? This is about Forte, not LT or Moreno...but you can't emphasize situation so greatly in one argument then not use the same barometer to talk about a different guy. I think it's WAY too early to say that Forte wasn't worth taking in the 1st round.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:24 pm

mattb47 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Didn't you just make the argument in the other thread that it's all about situation? Why then if Forte is the clear feature back with goal line carries locked up is he not a 1st round caliber RB this year?


Low end RB1s usually don't get drafted 1st round.


Where did the low end RB1 part come from in this discussion? This is about Forte, not LT or Moreno...but you can't emphasize situation so greatly in one argument then not use the same barometer to talk about a different guy. I think it's WAY too early to say that Forte wasn't worth taking in the 1st round.


I'm saying, there is really little difference between the two. While people are way overvaluing Forte's situation, people are way undervaluing Moreno's situation. I don't have a double standard going on. You said based on my posts that Forte's situation = 1st round caliber back. I never said Moreno was a 1st round caliber back. I said he is a low end RB1, just like Forte, and as a Forte owner, I would trade him for Moreno + a good receiver b/c the RB production probably won't be too different.

You are confusing "not worth the 1st round pick" with "Forte will suck balls", which I never said.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 204BC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:16 pm

I had predicted this situation earlier this year in the "sleepers" forum (page two of the thread in the link):

viewtopic.php?t=438089&start=10

That being said I still think Forte will produce good numbers this year, he just had very tough matchups in week's 1 & 2 (he also has two more in weeks 15 & 16 which is FF playoff time). Buy low now and sell high before the trade deadline.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 542
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: middle of nowhere USA

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 pm

2ksports wrote:5 booms, 5 busts, 3 reasons each.

Booms
Ronnie Brown
1) MIA will run to keep Manning off field
2) He's uber-talented
3) he didn't do bad last week, just not enough carries

Busts
Joseph Addai
1) lacks talent
2) Miami rush D
3) lack of carries / opportunities


Well I hope you guys started your Ronnie Browns this week, that was the most likely to happen pick.

Addai sucked, as predicted, too. I'll say it again for those who thinks he has it, he lacks talent. Donald Brown is the better back, and he showed it on that 15 yard run, which Addai would have fallen 7 yards short.

This brings it to 7/10 for this week. Moreno was 1 peyton poached TD away from making it 8/10. Caddy started catching passes, totally out of left field, but it's not like he did great, and McFadden, while he didn't boom, didn't bust either.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 pm

2ksports wrote:
2ksports wrote:5 booms, 5 busts, 3 reasons each.

Booms
Ronnie Brown
1) MIA will run to keep Manning off field
2) He's uber-talented
3) he didn't do bad last week, just not enough carries

Busts
Joseph Addai
1) lacks talent
2) Miami rush D
3) lack of carries / opportunities


Well I hope you guys started your Ronnie Browns this week, that was the most likely to happen pick.

Addai sucked, as predicted, too. I'll say it again for those who thinks he has it, he lacks talent. Donald Brown is the better back, and he showed it on that 15 yard run, which Addai would have fallen 7 yards short.

This brings it to 7/10 for this week. Moreno was 1 peyton poached TD away from making it 8/10. Caddy started catching passes, totally out of left field, but it's not like he did great, and McFadden, while he didn't boom, didn't bust either.


I dunno if anyone else does, but I now take everything you say with a grain of salt because of that comment. You keep saying this about just about any back that anyone disagrees with you about. 'They lack talent' or 'they don't have the skill', dude obviously they do or they wouldn't be out on a NFL team let alone on the field playing, correct? Use some other word terminology or facts, please.
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:35 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact