RBs - 5 booms 5 busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
2ksports wrote:5 booms, 5 busts, 3 reasons each.

Booms
Ronnie Brown
1) MIA will run to keep Manning off field
2) He's uber-talented
3) he didn't do bad last week, just not enough carries

Busts
Joseph Addai
1) lacks talent
2) Miami rush D
3) lack of carries / opportunities


Well I hope you guys started your Ronnie Browns this week, that was the most likely to happen pick.

Addai sucked, as predicted, too. I'll say it again for those who thinks he has it, he lacks talent. Donald Brown is the better back, and he showed it on that 15 yard run, which Addai would have fallen 7 yards short.

This brings it to 7/10 for this week. Moreno was 1 peyton poached TD away from making it 8/10. Caddy started catching passes, totally out of left field, but it's not like he did great, and McFadden, while he didn't boom, didn't bust either.


I dunno if anyone else does, but I now take everything you say with a grain of salt because of that comment. You keep saying this about just about any back that anyone disagrees with you about. 'They lack talent' or 'they don't have the skill', dude obviously they do or they wouldn't be out on a NFL team let alone on the field playing, correct? Use some other word terminology or facts, please.


Ok, what I mean is, Addai sucks.

As you know, every reason I gave was a few words, as I'm not trying to write an essay for each and every player. But to be brief, he goes down too often on first contact, relies too much on Peyton's audibles, relies on big holes to do any damage, lacks power to run through defenders, his fantasy points relies way too much on very short runs into the endzone b/c Dallas Clark, Wayne, or Harrison(past) fell down at the one.

What's to like about this guy (other than the 2 HOU games)? What if it's 50/50 split with Brown by that time?

He's about 1 good games worth of yards away from having never had a 1000 yard rushing season.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby joejlitz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:57 am

2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
Well I hope you guys started your Ronnie Browns this week, that was the most likely to happen pick.

Addai sucked, as predicted, too. I'll say it again for those who thinks he has it, he lacks talent. Donald Brown is the better back, and he showed it on that 15 yard run, which Addai would have fallen 7 yards short.

This brings it to 7/10 for this week. Moreno was 1 peyton poached TD away from making it 8/10. Caddy started catching passes, totally out of left field, but it's not like he did great, and McFadden, while he didn't boom, didn't bust either.


I dunno if anyone else does, but I now take everything you say with a grain of salt because of that comment. You keep saying this about just about any back that anyone disagrees with you about. 'They lack talent' or 'they don't have the skill', dude obviously they do or they wouldn't be out on a NFL team let alone on the field playing, correct? Use some other word terminology or facts, please.


Ok, what I mean is, Addai sucks.

:-b :-b
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:52 am

RE: Addai, i dont think he's one of the more talented backs in the NFL, but he is in a great system, and he's a veteran so he's likely to still see a bulk of the time because he has more experience with blitz pickup and things like that. as far has his performance Monday, it's kinda hard to put up big numbers when your offense only has the ball for 15 minutes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby da bears » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:RE: Addai, i dont think he's one of the more talented backs in the NFL, but he is in a great system, and he's a veteran so he's likely to still see a bulk of the time because he has more experience with blitz pickup and things like that. as far has his performance Monday, it's kinda hard to put up big numbers when your offense only has the ball for 15 minutes

I don't ever remember a team having the ball for such a short amount of time in a football game. The fact that they won is more shocking.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1144
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: chicago

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am

Hard to believe that Addai isn't any good when he was a beast at LSU, and went over 1,000 yards with 12 TD, tacking on 40+ catches in his '07 campaign after surpassing 1,000 as a Rookie in '06 as well. Injuries may have slowed him and played a role, but there seems to be an epidemic going around of people making wild claims on players who should put a clown nose on so those reading can at least get some visual humor out of it, along with reading the comments.
Image
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 874
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jumping The Snap

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am

bigh0rt wrote:Hard to believe that Addai isn't any good when he was a beast at LSU, and went over 1,000 yards with 12 TD, tacking on 40+ catches in his '07 campaign after surpassing 1,000 as a Rookie in '06 as well. Injuries may have slowed him and played a role, but there seems to be an epidemic going around of people making wild claims on players who should put a clown nose on so those reading can at least get some visual humor out of it, along with reading the comments.


how do you think he would do if he played for the Lions? i'm not saying the guy is a bum and belongs in the CFL, just that there are quite a few RB's who i think are more talented than him and would likely post better numbers in a similar situation
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:how do you think he would do if he played for the Lions? i'm not saying the guy is a bum and belongs in the CFL, just that there are quite a few RB's who i think are more talented than him and would likely post better numbers in a similar situation


That's the point right there. I think he is a middle of the road RB whose potential was demonstrated in his first 2 years, with that incredible offense. Now the offense isn't quite what it was and I think Addai sinks right back into the blob. There are RBs who can create and RBs who do great things with what their offense gives them. I think Addai falls into that second category, where I think that ADP, MJD, the LT of old, and maybe a handful of other guys are the first. Addai is IMO a top FF RB2 with the offense Indy has now. And if he ends up splitting carries in a significant way, RB2 is definitely as high as he can be valued, IMO. He isn't an elite runner, like a CJ424 who can easily justify RB1 status even if he only has a 60% of the carries.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

2ksports wrote:Ok, what I mean is, Addai sucks.

As you know, every reason I gave was a few words, as I'm not trying to write an essay for each and every player. But to be brief, he goes down too often on first contact, relies too much on Peyton's audibles, relies on big holes to do any damage, lacks power to run through defenders, his fantasy points relies way too much on very short runs into the endzone b/c Dallas Clark, Wayne, or Harrison(past) fell down at the one.

What's to like about this guy (other than the 2 HOU games)? What if it's 50/50 split with Brown by that time?

He's about 1 good games worth of yards away from having never had a 1000 yard rushing season.


Ok and here is the award for dumbest comment in this thread. :-] WHO doesn't rely on 'Peyton's audible' in that system???? haha I mean come on that offense is built around him and how he manages the game. Every player on that Indy offense relies on Peyton and his audible A. because hes the Qb, the lead man and B. because the offense is structured like that, as to why 95% of the time they run no huddle. I mean come on man your just throwing stuff out there to just have a come back, none of it is making much sense at all.

Then the second comment, who in this league doesn't rely on big holes made from their offensive line to get production? If I'm not mistaken thats the lines #1 goal and why they are paid the money they are. Add to it the fact that Indy has one of the most athletic offensive lines in the league. What you were expecting Addai to rush for 100 yards last night against one of the better run stopping Ds in the league? Come on get with it. These are 2 of the most not well thought out remarks you've made, especially when talking about the Indy offense.

I 100% agree with bigh0rt on this one. Addai's college career in one of if not the toughest college conference to play in mean nothing. His 2 straight 1000+ rushing campaigns while in one of the more prolific passing offenses means nothing. His athleticism means nothing.

And let me guess your going to come back with the same old same old 'Brown is the better back' routine right? Ok well then why if Addai sucks SOOO much did Brown only have 26 yards rushing last night? His stat line from last night is so misleading its unreal. The one catch for 24 yards he was being covered by Joey fricken Porter on a wheel route, if Brown can't get open then there is something wrong. Also 15 of those 26 rushing yards came on one play that you talk about Addai can only run if the line gives him a gaping hole? Well hell my dad could have drive his 18-wheeler through the hole they made for Brown on that play, Brown was into the secondary before anyone even touched him. So don't give me this crap about Addai isn't talented or skilled, hes no AP/Turner/MJD/SJax/LT/Gore type but he isn't dog meat, give the man some credit hes one year removed from an injury and we are 2 weeks into the season DAMN.
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby mattUTD20 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm

One of the biggest hurdles a rookie has to overcome is blitz pickup and it was interesting to see Donald Brown out there in the second half in crunch time when Manning was doing his thing. Addai was on the bench for most of the second half last week as well after dropping an easy screen pass and fumbling earlier. In close games, coaches have gone with Brown which clearly shows you who they trust more. Addai is not going to be a featured back again in this offense because he is a decent talent that gets dinged up all the time and is unreliable. His contract is up at the end of next year and I will pretty much guarantee you that he won't be getting a new contract in Indianapolis.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs - 5 booms 5 busts

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:00 pm

mattUTD20 wrote:One of the biggest hurdles a rookie has to overcome is blitz pickup and it was interesting to see Donald Brown out there in the second half in crunch time when Manning was doing his thing. Addai was on the bench for most of the second half last week as well after dropping an easy screen pass and fumbling earlier. In close games, coaches have gone with Brown which clearly shows you who they trust more. Addai is not going to be a featured back again in this offense because he is a decent talent that gets dinged up all the time and is unreliable. His contract is up at the end of next year and I will pretty much guarantee you that he won't be getting a new contract in Indianapolis.


I think not only this week, but week 1 too Brown was the back late in games.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:40 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact