Killer Stuff. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Killer Stuff.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Killer Stuff.

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Killer says that Linehan feels the Lions run game is shaping into form.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/09/tom_kowalskis_the_insider_on_w_1.html
"I asked him about the problems with the offensive line," Kowalski explains on his weekly hour-long show The Insider, "and he said, 'Actually, our running game was better than you think it was.' He said in terms of what they call efficiency, about 50 percent of their runs were efficient.
"Y'know, it looks bad because they couldn't get it in from the goal line, and the third-and-one turns into a four-yard loss, and things like that. So there were plays that made it look bad, and it's still bad because those plays count.

Pardon me if that sounds a little delusional. Maybe its just a hangover from the Milen Error and the Nightmare with NimRod, but whenever I hear a coach try and say things were better than they looked... :-o I also worry that the run game is shaping into form, but its the form we saw last week. Please no, fix this The Schwartz. :~(

More Killer, MLive http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/09/lions_look_to_blitz_more_in_we.html
DC Gunner Cunningham also is promising more blitzes against the FavreQueens, and also blasts his D for thier mistakes vs the Saints. LOOK OUT!!!. Sorry, Henderson just got open deep again. :-D I like that he is putting the blame on guys like Peterson and Foote. These guys should respond and set a good example for the rest of the team. Sucks to here him compare Sims play with last years though 8-o

When Detroit hosts the Minnesota Vikings at 1 p.m. Sunday at Ford Field, Cunningham said he hopes to blitz much more.

First, though, the defense has to play the scheme better, and that includes the linebacking corps, the strength of Detroit's defense.

"Larry Foote played as hard as he could play, but he missed some things and it cost us, it broke us down," Cunningham said. "Julian Peterson did the same thing, and Ernie (Sims) reverted back to doing some things he did last year.

And
Cunningham said the mistakes have not dimmed his desire to get big-time pressure on the quarterback, and he still plans to have the Lions blitz heavily.

What worries me with that, is if they do blitz more, who will be left to stop ADP? Probably we won't have that many opportunities to blitz, unless its a run blitz. I don't see the FavreQueens in third and long much.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions