Most Glaring Weekly Observations (Week 2 update) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most Glaring Weekly Observations (Week 2 update)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Most Glaring Week 1 Observation

Postby DemonDeacon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 pm

ill switch this topic to most glaring observations in the first 2 weeks. and that would be DONT START ANYONE VS THE JETS!!!!
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kickureface » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 am

start their kickers!
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:19 am

DemonDeacon wrote:ill switch this topic to most glaring observations in the first 2 weeks. and that would be DONT START ANYONE VS THE JETS!!!!

If this were facebook, this would read, "bigh0rt likes this" :-b
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sirchadwick1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:35 am

DemonDeacon wrote:ill switch this topic to most glaring observations in the first 2 weeks. and that would be DONT START ANYONE VS THE JETS!!!!

My thoughts are pretty much the same... wow, they look solid.

But what do you guys think about putting CJ4.24 in against the Jets this week? I know he exploded bigtime against HOU, but he won't be the only one.

I'm thinking he'll be lucky to get 80 total yds against the Jets and will doubtfully get into the end zone. Do you still play him?
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 am

The problem with the Jets is there offense has the ability to struggle big time. I think Sanchez only had 5 plays going into the half. If the offense struggles the Defense will be on the field for to long and eventually wear out.

So will the D looks spectacular now, its still dependant on the offense.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

We have a pretty tough schedule ahead, definitely no real cake match up's, except maybe OAK. Next week is going to be interesting, a TEN team with their backs to the wall is going to be a scary sight and a huge threat. Regardless, I wouldn't bench CJ424 solely on his big play ability.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby mattp987 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Even though Hass got injured...Nate still got 10 targets during that game, bringing his total to 21 targets for the season. I'll take that action for a guy I pulled off the waivers. The thing he has is history with Hass. Housh lacks that at this point, therefore i think Nate is still valuable, maybe more valuable than Housh as of now.
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:36 pm

mattp987 wrote:Even though Hass got injured...Nate still got 10 targets during that game, bringing his total to 21 targets for the season. I'll take that action for a guy I pulled off the waivers. The thing he has is history with Hass. Housh lacks that at this point, therefore i think Nate is still valuable, maybe more valuable than Housh as of now.

Not if Hass is out, which I'm predicting for this week.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:21 pm

I'll have to watch the replay, but I'm pretty sure Burleson was targeted in the endzone by Seneca Wallace, but Clements made a great play on the ball. Overall, I think the 49ers secnodary is playing lights out right now and a lot of that has to do with the emergence of Dashon Goldshon at safety. That guy is not letting anything deep get by him, he made John Carleson pay big time on what would have been a long completion and possibly a touchdown pass on a play down the deep middle on Sunday. Clements is a solid bump and run type corner that is going to make plays on the ball, guy played physical with Burleson all day and Burleson just didn't have the answer.

Looking at what the Arizona passing game did and add in Seattle (granted a home game) and I'm thinking the 49er passing defense might be pretty well above average this year. That said, it obviously sucks for Burleson that Hasslebeck went down, I probably won't start him until Matt returns, but that was a brutal hit he took.

-----
Most Glaring week 2 observation:

Agree with the observations in this thread that you don't start players against the Jets defense. Those guys seem like they are bringing blitzes on every play, and the secondary is not letting anybody get open in the 2 second gap it takes to get to the QB.
---------

This is also second straight week in which Kyle Orton looked 100% outclassed as an NFL QB. I wish I had tried to unload Eddie Royal last week as a "sell low" because it is going to be that much tougher this week after another poor output. The best guy on the field by far the past two weeks has been the 30+ year old Correll Buckhalter and to anyone who has seen Marshall and Royal play that is just a travesty. Orton doesn't know how to progress through his reads and he isn't accurate with the ball. I can't imagine how this team is 2-0 under him, but I guess Cleveland is just that bad. Cincinnati beat themselves, they should have won that game about 28-6.

more observations to come as I watch the replays, attended the Niner game this weekend so I have little to no firsthand impressions on how 80% of week 2 played out.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Lucky7 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Most Glaring week 2 observation:

Agree with the observations in this thread that you don't start players against the Jets defense. Those guys seem like they are bringing blitzes on every play, and the secondary is not letting anybody get open in the 2 second gap it takes to get to the QB.

I agree that the Jets are tough, but I don't see how you can bench someone like CJ424 against them. I have CJ424 and although I'm concerned whether he'll throw up numbers like he did v. Pitt, I can't get myself to bench him. One broken tackle and he's gone.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk