Shock's Week 2 Booms and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shock's Week 2 Booms and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shock's Week 2 Booms and Busts

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:47 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Yuck. Jamarcus Russell was awful today. Zach Miller deserved more.

That's because Jamarshmellow Man is awful.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby theimitator » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:54 am

theimitator wrote:
Retet wrote:Shock -- again, excellent reading. Thanks for the post and entertaining writing.

+1.

I'm totally on board with the Michael Clayton pick. Let's hope he makes us both look good. ;-D

Note to self... :~(
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 pm

At first glance, seems like a really mediocre week, specially when compared with Week 1's stellar picks. Let's take a closer look.

Wins:

Percy Harvin: Scored a TD, caught 5 passes. Pretty solid day for someone who's no better than a flex, and had the best receiving performance of anyone in that game not named Calvin.

Darren Mcfadden: This is a cross between a tie and a win, but as always, I judge performances based off PPR, and he caught a few passes, scored a TD. Rushing #s were totally stale though...the TD kept this from being a bust.

Terrell Owens: He would have had a 100 yard day if he didn't have dropsies. Whoops.

Chris Johnson: Wow. Just wow. 50something in PPR leagues? Hope you won if you started him :P

Laurent Robinson: I say the guy will boom and leave in on the bench for scrubby Davone Bess who barely saw the field. Serves me right. Very solid 17 pts from someone no better than a WR3/flex in deep leagues. At least I had him going in my 20 teamer.

Ronnie Brown: 2nd most TDs he's scored in a game since 2008 started...heyo.

Philly D: Well that was a nice crash back to Earth.

Willie Parker: This just in - he officially stinks.

Julius Jones: I'm aware he scored a TD, but he also had 9 total yards. 9. NINE.

Laveranues Coles: Like Julius, he had a TD, but 9 total yards. Phail.

TIES:

Lee Evans: Scored a good sized TD, but only 1 catch. I'll call 10 points a tie, close to a win.

Larry Johnson: No TDs, but more yardage than I expected. And when did he learn to catch more than 1 pass a game?

Washington D: Likely a tie depending on your league settings...couple sack, fumble reception, and 7 points or something.

LOSSES:

Santana Moss: Campbell constantly looked at Cooley it seems...don't know why, but I guess Moss will just be one of thise inconsistent performers.

Leon Washington: Could have been a tie, but lost a fumble. Shocked the Jets didn't try to get him at least 4-6 screen passes, but they won, so what do I know.

Michael Bush: 9 carries doesn't get you a win. Unless you're Lendale White against Detroit.

Michael Clayton: Much like Santana's situation, the TE got all the looks. He's droppable again if Bryant returns anytime soon.

Brandon Jacobs: He's pretty much totally reliant on TDs to boom since he doesn't catch passes, much like Turner, Lendale, etc. Didn't score a TD, so a loss here.

Zach Miller: Apparently the Chiefs gameplanned specifically to stop him in the passing game. Guess it worked.

Donald Brown: That random TD scamper sealed the deal. More importantly though, I feel like he'll slowly start to see more carries than Addai as the year goes on, so hang onto him if you have him.

Dwayne Bowe: My logic was absolutely sound. The problem was, Nnamdi got taken off the field due to some minor injury for a portion of the game. And of course, the series he came off, Bowe scored a TD against Stanford Routt. Funny how that works.

Anquan Boldin: Caught 8 catches, and since I'm PPR biased, he had a decent week, so a loss here.

Matt Schaub: Annnnd Tennessee's D has taken a step backwards. First Ben, now Schaub putting up gaudy #s. Finnegan and that safety duo overrated?

10 wins, 3 ties, 10 losses. This would have been one of my worse weeks of last year too, so a bounceback is hopefully forthcoming. Hope you all didn't get screwed over by Monday Night like I did...onto week 3!
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattp987 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Leon Washington: Could have been a tie, but lost a fumble. Shocked the Jets didn't try to get him at least 4-6 screen passes, but they won, so what do I know.

^ I watched the Pats and Jets game in it's entirety and you had to like what you saw from him though. He was even in carries with T.Jones. He also had at least 1 play called back due to an offensive penalty--he ripped off close to a 15 yard gain on that play as well...but it could have been largely due to the hold lol. So you can take that for what you will... Part of me wants to say he had another called back as well but im too lazy to confirm that right now . He also had the play where he caught a check down pass and was caught by the shoestrings by Springs...I thought he was taking that one to the house fo sho'

As you mentioned though, I anticipated more action involving him and the passing game. That's where the home run for him looks possible almost every time he touches the ball.
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:46 pm

mattp987 wrote:

^ I watched the Pats and Jets game in it's entirety and you had to like what you saw from him though. He was even in carries with T.Jones. He also had at least 1 play called back due to an offensive penalty--he ripped off close to a 15 yard gain on that play as well...but it could have been largely due to the hold lol. So you can take that for what you will... Part of me wants to say he had another called back as well but im too lazy to confirm that right now . He also had the play where he caught a check down pass and was caught by the shoestrings by Springs...I thought he was taking that one to the house fo sho'

As you mentioned though, I anticipated more action involving him and the passing game. That's where the home run for him looks possible almost every time he touches the ball.

According to the play logs, Leon Washington was the primary RB in week 2 ahead of Thomas Jones. 55% to 50% of plays. Very quietly, Leon Washington is becoming the primary RB in New York IMO. I also agree that they need to use him more like a Ray Rice on the screen plays and short passing outlets to let him work his stuff in the open field. Washington only looks "average" running between the tackles, his size allows the D-line to pile drive him on those dive plays.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk