Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: LT??

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

not sounding like too sexy of a situation...

LaDainian Tomlinson did not practice Wednesday and was wearing a protective boot on his right ankle.
LT2 didn't sound like he had any idea if he'll play Sunday against the Ravens. "It's not anything that is going to keep me out for a long time," Tomlinson said. "We'll just wait and see how it plays out." Even if he plays, we're not expecting much out of LT2 on Sunday. Darren Sproles and Michael Bennett will get work.

link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 575&id=561

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Unless this is something that would continue into Week 3 I do not merit picking up Bennett at this time as the match up isn't even that appealing.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Unless this is something that would continue into Week 3 I do not merit picking up Bennett at this time as the match up isn't even that appealing.

agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Unless this is something that would continue into Week 3 I do not merit picking up Bennett at this time as the match up isn't even that appealing.

agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Goody » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:14 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?

I know.....isn't it baffling? :-B
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:32 am

This reminds oh so much of Devin Hester.

Chicago meat heads for 2 years were screaming for Hester to get the ball on basically every snap on offense because he was so effective in the return game.

In 06 and 07, Hester was one of, if not the most, feared player in the NFL - he was doing things that no one in the NFL had ever done - teams were actually content with letting the Bears start from the 40 rather than kicking to Devin.

2008 came, Hester got transitioned to WR and his return game went into the pooper.

He went from one of the most feared PR/KR guys in NFL history to a mediocre (at best WR) & his best asset was basically destroyed - to the point he was supplanted by Daniel Manning in the return game.

If the Chargers decide to do the same with Sproles and force feed him the ball on Offense I see the exact same thing playing out - ruining a very good thing.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knighttrain1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Sex Panther wrote:This reminds oh so much of Devin Hester.

Chicago meat heads for 2 years were screaming for Hester to get the ball on basically every snap on offense because he was so effective in the return game.

In 06 and 07, Hester was one of, if not the most, feared player in the NFL - he was doing things that no one in the NFL had ever done - teams were actually content with letting the Bears start from the 40 rather than kicking to Devin.

2008 came, Hester got transitioned to WR and his return game went into the pooper.

He went from one of the most feared PR/KR guys in NFL history to a mediocre (at best WR) & his best asset was basically destroyed - to the point he was supplanted by Daniel Manning in the return game.

If the Chargers decide to do the same with Sproles and force feed him the ball on Offense I see the exact same thing playing out - ruining a very good thing.

The difference is Sproles is a running back who has demonstrated he understands the relationship w/the QB and knows how to go from a receiving position (with his back turned to the defense) to a downfeild orientation and make headway. Hester hasn't demonstrated that that is his strong suit. In fact one wonders whether hester will ever be the monster in space that sproles has demonstrated he is. With Sproles the comparison is more likely of an Ahmad Bradshaw or early Warrck Dunn style guy. Going back to Dave Megget in the old Giants system. Of course with a ton more speed then most of these guys and a bit less of an ability to "hit the hole." That being said, LT will be the off the tackle guy when he returns and sproles will be around to make the linebackers crazy imho.
12 team redraft: QB Warner; RB LT, R. Brown, F. Jones; WR R. Moss, V. Jackson; TE Carlson: LB Barrett Ruud; DL Kevin Williams; DB Erik Coleman; K Prater: Bench -- Wells, Sproles, Ginn, Coffee, Campbell, Norwood, Meachem, Henry, Davis, Britt
knighttrain1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:49 pm

I guess I'm starting Addai and McGahee this week.

As for Sproles, he was reportedly very tired and banged up after last week's game, and he wasn't even the main back for a full game.
deadshot11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby livinginarizona » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:13 pm

livinginarizona
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego