Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: LT??

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Unless this is something that would continue into Week 3 I do not merit picking up Bennett at this time as the match up isn't even that appealing.

agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?

This made me laugh. Thank you.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: LT??

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 am

Goody wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?

I know.....isn't it baffling? :-B

I generally agree that Sproles is unproven as an every down back, but I think people who think otherwise would point to his last game and two playoff games from last year when he handled that load pretty well. Now, whether his small frame could hold up for 16 games + playoffs is a tough question. I think it is unikely. That being said, I think LTs days of staying healthy for an entire season may be over too. Simply put, they need each other, as neither is a 320+ touch a year guy, IMO. The Chargers obviously believe in Sproles, as evident by their slapping a franchise tag on him and playing hardball with LT in contract talks. This could get real interesting if Sproles lights it up in LT's absence, but I doubt that will start this week against the Ravens.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego

Postby mattp987 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:30 pm

(9:31) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short right to D.Sproles for 81 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

OooooooO i'll take that action as a Rivers owner. How I wish I would have taken Sproles as a handcuff this year or traded for him. With his big play ability he is going to be a force they have to go to now.
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mello » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Starting Rivers and Sproles today. Good Times. :-)
Mello
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:40 pm

LT is probably crapping his pants. They cant go back to him... they just cant.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I guess Gates isnt part of the game plan this week. Thats cool....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:I guess Gates isnt part of the game plan this week. Thats cool....

That's whay I was just coming here to look in to... I need some of that Rivers to Gates action to cancel stuff out in one of my leagues. I have Gates, he has Rivers.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Yeah dont expect much from Gates today. Its just one of those weeks for me. Jennings, Gates, Royal..........Westbrook, MJD... yeah...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby masarume » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 pm

McGahee seems to be the feature back now... those analysts baited me so good with the Rice sell this offseason. :-t
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm

masarume wrote:McGahee seems to be the feature back now... those analysts baited me so good with the Rice sell this offseason. :-t

IF thats the case they got everyone with that.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting