Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 GC: Baltimore @ San Diego

Postby Bronco_7 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Joe Flacco baby!!! TD!
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby . » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm

What just happened?
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby masarume » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Baltimore hasn't shown me any evidence this week to prove that Rice would be used heavily in all but goaline situations.

That was my only expectation for this season. Maybe it was just how this game panned out.

I don't have this game on TV though... how is Rice and Sproles looking?
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby 77racing » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Where is MARK CLAYTON..no catches is that putz hurt?
77racing
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby vykeengfan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 pm

masarume wrote:Baltimore hasn't shown me any evidence this week to prove that Rice would be used heavily in all but goaline situations.

That was my only expectation for this season. Maybe it was just how this game panned out.

I don't have this game on TV though... how is Rice and Sproles looking?

mcgahee was in there for the goal line packages. it does look like he's the main guy now. had a good game in between the 20's as well. i got bit by the ray rice bug, too. let's see how long mcgahee can stay healthy.
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Re: LT??

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Unless this is something that would continue into Week 3 I do not merit picking up Bennett at this time as the match up isn't even that appealing.

agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?

Guess 17 total touches and 150 total yards with a TD isn't getting it done, considering anyone that steps in for LT will never carry the same presence or skill level that LT does rushing the ball. But I would have to think that almost 280 all purpose yards has to be in the category of getting it done in the step in role. Again, I don't think that Sproles is a great rushing back, but the guy is a great receiving back and I figured that by my comment you would also realize that given his track record, but if not he backed it today for sure. Again Sproles will never be LT, but he can surely help in LT's absence.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LT??

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
agreed, it will be a heavy load of Sproles. Bennett may be good for 3-6 touches, not even close to fantasy worthy. Also add to it that Sproles showed he could get it done full time last year with LTs injuries. Sproles, if he didn't earlier, has HUGE value now IMO. He is GOLDEN in my league cuz we also count Return yards, so a nice 3 category contributing player is always a plus there!

i dont see how a whopping 61 carries over 16 games is proof of "getting it done". OK he had 29 catches too. he averaged less than 6 touches a game! yet people seem to think he's going to come in touch the ball 20-25 times a game now :-?

Guess 17 total touches and 150 total yards with a TD isn't getting it done, considering anyone that steps in for LT will never carry the same presence or skill level that LT does rushing the ball. But I would have to think that almost 280 all purpose yards has to be in the category of getting it done in the step in role. Again, I don't think that Sproles is a great rushing back, but the guy is a great receiving back and I figured that by my comment you would also realize that given his track record, but if not he backed it today for sure. Again Sproles will never be LT, but he can surely help in LT's absence.

hey, he had a good game...kudos to him. take away that 80 yard TD and it was a rather pedestrian effort though. look, Sporles has big-play ability, and he's going to hit on plays like that from time to time, but he's going to get shut down a lot too. when LT is back and healthy and Sproles is back to touching it 5-10 times a game i sure wouldnt bank on him taking one to the house in my lineup
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting