Week 2 GC: NY Giants @ Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 2 GC: NY Giants @ Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 GC: NY Giants @ Dallas

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Rrolack wrote:Can someone explain the whole point of calling time out like that on a game-winning field goal? All it does is force the kicker to kick again, and I don't see why the second kick should be any worse than the first one, on average.

You're right, it usually doesn't work. But it has worked in the past. I don't like when teams do it...but why not? If he misses the 2nd one (like he missed a short one earlier) the Cowboys win the game.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 am

Can't believe we were even in that game with the turnovers and unlucky plays. Shows the calibur of team we can be if we can hold onto the ball.

1 less turnover and we win this game easily.

Still can't get a sack or turnover on D??? WTF. Lead the league last year and can't do anything this year. I don't get it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby biju » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Can't believe we were even in that game with the turnovers and unlucky plays. Shows the calibur of team we can be if we can hold onto the ball.

Still can't get a sack or turnover on D??? WTF. Lead the league last year and can't do anything this year. I don't get it.

The Giants dominated this game. :-D

Actually there were two extremely unlucky bounces their way, although with one of them it should have been a TD instead of a FG. Plus the Giants shouldn't have missed that close FG earlier in the game as well.

If Romo only has a mildly better game the Cowboys win.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BoyNamedSue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

I didn't read all 7 pages of this thread but COME ON JACOBS!!! :-o

That's all for now...
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

biju wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Can't believe we were even in that game with the turnovers and unlucky plays. Shows the calibur of team we can be if we can hold onto the ball.

The Giants dominated this game. :-D

Actually there were two extremely unlucky bounces their way, although with one of them it should have been a TD instead of a FG. Plus the Giants shouldn't have missed that close FG earlier in the game as well.

If Romo only has a mildly better game the Cowboys win.

And if Dallas doesn't basically go into prevent mode at the end of the game...man I hate that. :-[
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby FFslacker » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, it was sad to see the cowboys throw the game away. Or rather Romo throw the game away. Giants couldn't do squat offensively in the red-zone. Too bad Barber pulled up lame on that last run of his as it should have been a td.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Manja » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Instead of calling a timeout before the first kick (which almost missed due to a high snap), I would have rather the 'Boys use their timeouts to stop the clock and give Felix or Austin or anybody a chance at a possible kick return, or a screwed up squib kick that gives them a chance to run one play, and then kick a long field goal. Bad management at the end by Phillips. I was screaming at the TV last night when I saw the clock keep rolling.

I think head coaches need to play Madden to hone their time management skills.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting