The real top 10 RB here on out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The real top 10 RB here on out

Moderator: Football Moderators

The real top 10 RB here on out

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:33 am

I spent so much time writing this post, I had to make it an original.
Here's my list and WHY! NOTE: scoring is based on 1pt per 10 yards rush/rec, 6 pts per TD.

1. Holmes - his schedule...are you kidding me? (Cinci, Oak, SD, Den, Det, and MN). He could still break Marshall's 26 TD record, avgs about 96 yds rushing a game and has nice receiving bonus. Has a knack for scoring. Fantasy's all out top back.

2. Portis - his schedule is easier than Holmes the rest of the fantasy season (SD, Chi, Oak, KC, Clev, Ind). More work w/o Mike Anderson for 4 weeks. Plummer's back. He has almost 800 rushing yards in less than 7 games of work.

3. A. Green - after Tampa and SF, his schedule is as easy as it gets...Detroit and Chi-town, who he's already crushed, and SD and Oak, 2nd and 3rd worst fantasy run defenses. His fumble problems loom but he's so versatile and dangerous that these won't affect his play time at all. He will continue to shred the rest of the year. Might be overall No. 1 pick next year.

4. Tomlinson - my vote for best runningback in the league. He's averaging over 100 yards rushing a game with crap surrounding him against a pretty tough schedule. Also has 7 scores in his last 7 games. A lock for 1500+ yards and a dozen scores. He's durable, dependable, and capable of monster games. I'm not sure any other back could do what he's doing in his situation. Flutie stepping in may help him out.

5. Faulk - Assuming Marshall stays healthy the rest of the year, he should do pretty well. I know he's averaging less than 3 yards per carry, but the Rams schedule is pretty easy for him here on out (Chi, Ariz, MN, Cle, Sea, Cinci). His skills have not diminished much. He's just a health concern.

6. S. Davis - Tennessee is the only team that was able to stop this freight train. You could argue that Davis really didn't play against any tough defenses except Tennessee. Well, the only real good run defense he faces the rest of the year is Dallas. He had also started scoring more regularly. Pure stud runningback.

7. Alexander - I think we expected a little more from him this year...still the scores are there and his yards are decent. While he hasn't provided us with those monster games, he has been more consistent this year, only 2 games with less than 10 fantasy points and 2 games with more than 20. Shaun will continue to be a solid scorer the rest of the year.

8. J. Lewis - you can just about count on a 100 yards and more often than not a score. League's leading rusher does faces a tough 3 games before getting into cupcakes Cinci, Oak, and Cleve. He might be overtaken by Ahman in the end. Boller being done for the year doesn't help him either. Still, he's the best player on the team and you gotta feed him the ball.

9. McAllister - rain or shine, he's rushed over a 100 yards 6 straight times. Whether Tampa or Atlanta, Deuce will get you 10+ fantasy points. Only once has he scored less, when he was goose egged by the Titans. Deuce is the epitome of consistency, as long as 13 pts a game is what your looking for.

T10. F. Taylor - yeah the jags aren't that good but Fred is their best weapon and only 3 times this year has he scored less than 10 fantasy points whether we realized it or not. Face it, he's the best option for consistent fantasy scoring at this point.

T10. Henry - he's got huge games and he has games where he doesn't seem to show up. He's 5th in scoring when it comes to runningback TDs and he's only scored less than 10 fantasy points 3 times.

Comments on some others mentioned.

R. Williams - you could throw him in there with Taylor and Henry. I just don't think we can take anymore of those 20 rushes for 39 yards games. His schedule does not let up either.

D. Davis - all the good games this guy has had have been against bad defenses. Other than Atlanta coming up, his schedule is not real easy.

Shipp - this guy is just on a bad team, good running back that's not in a good situation, not a top 10 fantasy back at this point.

James - I guess he could be a top 10 fantasy back but he still doesn't seem to be himself. Injured again for considerable time this year and even when he's healthy he only scores more than 10 fantasy points half the time. Something he hasn't had this year that every back listed in my top 10 has had atleast once, a 20+pt game.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:18 am

The only problem with Priest, and this is not a criticism-don't mean to offend the ff Gods, but he may not play that much down the stretch. How much will Vermiel think he needs to be fresh for the playoffs?
You also left off Artoise Pinner! Due to play in 2 weeks and will be...a Lions RB, nevermind.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:45 am

moochman wrote:The only problem with Priest, and this is not a criticism-don't mean to offend the ff Gods, but he may not play that much down the stretch. How much will Vermiel think he needs to be fresh for the playoffs?
You also left off Artoise Pinner! Due to play in 2 weeks and will be...a Lions RB, nevermind.

moochman i feel bad for you, you had high hopes this year and now you seem so down. But id also be nervous of Preist, i dont think he will just sit the bench the last couple weeks but i dont think he'll get all the carries either. i thnk Tomlinson is going to continue his hot streak from here on out.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:55 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:moochman i feel bad for you, you had high hopes this year and now you seem so down. But id also be nervous of Preist, i dont think he will just sit the bench the last couple weeks but i dont think he'll get all the carries either. i thnk Tomlinson is going to continue his hot streak from here on out.

I'm sure that after today you can relate a little better to how I feel. The Lions have little talent, and Matt Millin doen't have a clue.

Friendliness: %

Postby foreverabearsfan » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:13 pm

rudi! rudi! rudi!
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kcs261 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:52 pm

Not much from LT2 today. I think he is rated a little too high. No way will Flutie keep playing like he did last week, and LT2 will pay the price as a result.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:39 pm

Edge sored over 20 today.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:41 pm

kcs261 wrote:Not much from LT2 today. I think he is rated a little too high. No way will Flutie keep playing like he did last week, and LT2 will pay the price as a result.

LT did fine for only having 8 carries the entire game.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:42 pm

deuce is the man

Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:09 pm

Go Vikes wrote:Edge sored over 20 today.

He scored over 30 in my league.

I think that you may want to check the injury report on Henry.. :~(
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk