Newbie Questions for the board - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Newbie Questions for the board

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newbie Questions for the board

Postby e-man » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:01 am

the draft is over and now one of the teams is dropping his backup defense and backup TEto addextra RB and WR is this a good idea?

My RB' are Shawn Alexander and Priest Holmes.....Back up TJ Ductett. My Defense is the Steelers with the Dolphins in back uP.

I don't really want to hand someone the dolphins. I feel my backups can get the job done if need be.

WR are Tim Brown and Kevin Johnson....Backup Chris Chambers
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Usually, it's a good idea

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:58 am

Usually I would tell you to do the same. But you have a VERY good team, and the Dolphins and Steelers are great defenses to have. I would stand pat.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:32 am

if there is someone out there worth dropping miami for, i would do it. but would have to be a good prospect. the dolphins D is good, but not great. if you can get a good receiver or running back by dropping them, i would go for it. i only carry one defense throughout the year. and only pick one up on the bye week of my other one if i am playing a tough team

Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:09 pm

Yea your team looks great.I would stand pat.The only reason I would tamper with your lineup is if for some reason there is a guranteed starting RB on the FA list,if not,Duckett could be a rookie standout this year backing up the Warrick Dunn.Dunn can only take 20-25 carries a game,the rest 10-15 carries and red-zone carries will go Duckett's way.
n_tremain23

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:12 pm

There may also be teams in search of an upgrade at defense. It can't hurt to let your league know Miami might be available, if the price is right...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:41 pm

i would stay with what you have you dont have any immediate needs and like arlo said miami's d is good trade bait to a team in desperate need later on in the season so id just ride it out
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk