Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Postby fantasizing » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:28 pm

This guy completed 7 out of 24 passes. That's 23% completion percentage. Borderline ridiculous.

Basically, I have ZERO confidence in his ability to complete a pass on 3rd on long, or any pass for that matter.

They can't move the chains and keep drives alive because of his inability to play the QB position. Millions of 3 and outs.

Teams might as well stack all their defenders in the box to stuff DMac and M. Bush. It's too bad, becuase DMac and Bush seem to be very capable running backs, and could do some damage on a team that actually has a passing game.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:57 pm

I said JaMichelin Man was going to suck at the pro level when he came out of college and he pretty much has, I just don't see him being able get it done on a consistent basis.

To be fair I also thought RunDMC was going to be a bust too, the jury is still out but so far he's proving me wrong. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Russel is by far the worst starting QB in the league. He has a great OLine, a great running game, a good defense and some solid receivers but he just cannot get it done. It shocks me that the Raiders haven't gotten another guy through FA/trade to start over him. I could probably find 3-4 QBs that are currently unsigned who would be better for the Raiders.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Dude the Raiders had Jeff Garcia there!
Metroid

Postby fantasizing » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:24 pm

At least Garcia would be able to move the chains and keep defenses somewhat respecting the pass. Right now, teams are absolutely suffocating the running daring Russell to beat them.
Just look at Dmac/Bush's terrible yards per carry today against one of the worst rush defences in the league.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Why would it shock you? Al Davis is infatuated with the guy. He has a job with the Raiders until Davis dies.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:31 pm

That team could have made the playoffs with Garcia, no joke. With Russell I'd be surprised if they win 6 games.
Metroid

Postby fierro33 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:15 pm

i would rather say its bush and mcfadden who are killing each others value.......only teams with dominate offenses can pull off the 2 studly fantasy rbs.......in oakland there just isnt enough to go around.
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 am

How could you not agree that Russel is killing the team as a whole. The DEF has improved, that is obvious. They have a bunch of young talent on the WR end. They have explosive RB's yet they have a QB who might as well close his eyes when he throws. It's pretty ridiculous, regardless of the win I'd hate to be apart of raider nation with this guy heading the platoon.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:49 am

Metroid wrote:That team could have made the playoffs with Garcia, no joke. With Russell I'd be surprised if they win 6 games.

I actually agree with this to a point. That point being if Garcia would have actually played for them. I don't think we can overlook that yes they had Garcia, but Garcia flat out said he didn't want to play for them that he wanted to play for a contending team. So IF Garcia would have stayed and IF he would have made up his mind that if he quarterbacked the team to his top ability that they could have made a run then he would have made a good fit. But I wouldn't have seen that happening even if Garcia would have stayed with them because of his mentality about the team.

This team is super young, starting 2 Rookie WR because of injuries is crazy, not to mention DMac/Bush and their youth. But overall these 4 (DHB, Murphy, DMac, Bush) have all showed they can get it done, oh and lets not forget about one of if not their best receiving option in Miller, but then you throw in JaJello and it all just looks below average at best. Until this team gets a QB that can make defenses back off the run they won't have any stand out fantasy stars, when they could very well have 4-5 of them on offense alone.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk