Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Postby yossarian » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 am

Jeff George!

(almost kinda seriously...there were couple articles this summer about him trying to come back and some people said he looked pretty good--he couldn't possibly be worse than JaMarcus)
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:52 am

Very, very frustrating to have McFadden in FF leagues right now :-° Between him, Bush, and Fargas (although it looks like they're phasing Fargas out) the Raiders have a great backfield, but until JaMarcus can actually complete a few passes I'm afraid to start McFadden.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
Metroid wrote:That team could have made the playoffs with Garcia, no joke. With Russell I'd be surprised if they win 6 games.

I actually agree with this to a point. That point being if Garcia would have actually played for them. I don't think we can overlook that yes they had Garcia, but Garcia flat out said he didn't want to play for them that he wanted to play for a contending team. So IF Garcia would have stayed and IF he would have made up his mind that if he quarterbacked the team to his top ability that they could have made a run then he would have made a good fit. But I wouldn't have seen that happening even if Garcia would have stayed with them because of his mentality about the team.

This team is super young, starting 2 Rookie WR because of injuries is crazy, not to mention DMac/Bush and their youth. But overall these 4 (DHB, Murphy, DMac, Bush) have all showed they can get it done, oh and lets not forget about one of if not their best receiving option in Miller, but then you throw in JaJello and it all just looks below average at best. Until this team gets a QB that can make defenses back off the run they won't have any stand out fantasy stars, when they could very well have 4-5 of them on offense alone.

If Garcia would have been given the starting gig in Oakland I'm sure he would have been happy to be there....well maybe not happy but he would have stayed. The last thing he wanted to do was get into some pretend QB competition where no matter how superior performed he'd be relegated to back up duty. He would have played hard for the team if given the chance to, however that just wasn't going to happen. The Raiders knew they were going to start Jamarshmellow and they wanted Garcia as a backup.

I still think Bush is the best back in Oakland too.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

Metroid wrote:I still think Bush is the best back in Oakland too.

I think Bush is the best QB in Oakland. :-D

They need to kiss their money goodbye and dump Ja-off the-Marcus Russell. It doesn't matter who you put back there. Seriously, I think the Raiders would be more threatening if Bush were taking snaps. Gradkowski and Frye should be the only QBs getting reps in practice. Every play run by Russell is a play wasted.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LeBron James » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:02 pm

fantasizing wrote:This guy completed 7 out of 24 passes. That's 23% completion percentage. Borderline ridiculous.

Basically, I have ZERO confidence in his ability to complete a pass on 3rd on long, or any pass for that matter.

They can't move the chains and keep drives alive because of his inability to play the QB position. Millions of 3 and outs.

Teams might as well stack all their defenders in the box to stuff DMac and M. Bush. It's too bad, becuase DMac and Bush seem to be very capable running backs, and could do some damage on a team that actually has a passing game.

Bottom line is they will never win with Al Davis there. They let a great QB go in Jeff Garcia and they are starting someone who would be 3rd string on most teams.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby 011472 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Russell is a huge problem, but I don't know that he's killing Bush and Dmac's value. Neither player was a great value preseason- McFadden was ranked on the cusp of the top 20 rbs and Bush was much lower. Both guys seem to be living up the their value. We all knew going in that they were playing on an offense with no passing game. Anyone who drafted McFadden thinking he would turn into a top 5 RB wasn't seeing the full picture in my opinion.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:19 pm

011472 wrote:Russell is a huge problem, but I don't know that he's killing Bush and Dmac's value. Neither player was a great value preseason- McFadden was ranked on the cusp of the top 20 rbs and Bush was much lower. Both guys seem to be living up the their value. We all knew going in that they were playing on an offense with no passing game. Anyone who drafted McFadden thinking he would turn into a top 5 RB wasn't seeing the full picture in my opinion.

I was thinking a little bit differently, and may have crossed this up a bit. When I posted I was basing my response off of their potential skill level, rather then value. I think skill wise DMac could be a 90-100 yard rusher week in week out with a valid QB who could even just somewhat open the box up a little bit. And also if you drafted closer to the start of the season DMac's value was rising with each passing day, and with the injury to Fargas IMO that also increased his ADP. Now did I think he WOULD be a legit RB2? No, I was and am still HOPING that he can be, but I use him at our lone Flex spot anyways. Like I say talent wise I think both Bush and DMac are much more talented then what their stats are reflecting, and that I believe is solely pinned on the QBs arm not being able to bad the defense away from putting 7-9 players in the box.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm

011472 wrote:Russell is a huge problem, but I don't know that he's killing Bush and Dmac's value. Neither player was a great value preseason- McFadden was ranked on the cusp of the top 20 rbs and Bush was much lower. Both guys seem to be living up the their value. We all knew going in that they were playing on an offense with no passing game. Anyone who drafted McFadden thinking he would turn into a top 5 RB wasn't seeing the full picture in my opinion.

Okay, I'll rephrase. Russell is killing the ability of DMac/Bush to become elite fantasy performers.

When I draft a player, I'm hoping he will actually become a breakthrough player, and not just content with "oh well, he is performing according to his value at the start of the season."
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 pm

to be fair, it is only 2 weeks into a very long season. 1 or 2 big weeks and either of the 2 can crack the elite status bc its so early. i am an owner who draft Run DMC in all my leagues, expecting him to have top 5-10 upside and honestly, i still could see it happening. he looked electric against SD and had 50 yds after the 1st qrtr but then they went away from him and leaned on Bush in the running game and kept flexing DMC out at WR. i didnt get a chance to watch the KC-Oak game but from the boxscore, he obviously didnt look great, infact quite bad. DMC is an explosive back who can receive and move around formations, making him even more dangerous to defend but his situation is absolutely hurrendous. if DMC were a Saint, hes a top 5 RB but hes not, hes a Raider and so far, hes a bust... JaMarcus is a complete bum and a huge reason why both of their values arent where their talent level is and unfortunately, until the situation changes (either they yank Russell or he gets better overnight or they just lean on the run 70%-80% of the play calls) neither will the results.
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby scottiepimps59 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:47 am

JaGarbage Russell. You think the Raiders should try and get Sage or Tavaris? Maybe Vince Young?

I would rather start a blind Byron Leftwich passing with his left arm.

Russell is clearly the weakest link. Even the Fader's defense is coming along. Until you get a legit signal caller, all the incredible talent on that team will have a very low ceiling and the team will be nothing but below-average at best.
scottiepimps59
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk