Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Postby GreekPimpSlap » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm

haha! i have to laugh at all the different names for JaMarcus. This is probably one of the funniest posts ive ever seen on FFCafe. anyway, i am also an owner of DMC who is just astonished that Oakland continues to try and pass the ball. They should take some notes from Minnesotta and run DMC until his legs fall off. they have a better change of gaining yards that way then putting your fate in fat boys hands. DMC only got the ball what, 14 times last game? he should have at MINIMUM 20 carries a game.
QB: Robert Griffin III, Michael Vick
RB: Arian Foster, Trent Richardson, Willis McGahee
WR: Victor Cruz, Andre Johnson, Malcom Floyd,Kendall Wright, Kevin Ogletree
TE: Dennis Pitta, Heath Miller
D/ST: Texans
K: Greg Zuerlein
GreekPimpSlap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Im trying out for OAK this week. I figure I can throw a ball and if I close my eyes I still have a better chance at hitting more than 23% of my passes. Whacha guys think?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby fantasizing » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 pm

What's really bad is that Russell couldn't even hit DMac with a couple of screen passes. He threw them at DMac's feet.
Those are wasted plays where DMac could have gained 10 yards after the catch, easily. It's quite frustrating to watch how Russell is destroying that offense.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Sorry to break it to you but the correct answer to this statement is "Oakland" is killing Dmac's and Bush's FF value. :-D

Yea JR sucks pretty bad, but so does Al Davis at drafting, so when you draft a player who plays for Oakland on any of your fantasy teams you have to keep that in mind.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby justinj312 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 pm

scottiepimps59 wrote:JaGarbage Russell. You think the Raiders should try and get Sage or Tavaris? Maybe Vince Young?

My money is on them getting M Vick next year.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm

I think Travaris would make a nice fit on this team. I think my 3 legged half blind dog would make a better fit than Jagarbage Russel though.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 am

Everyone seems to be treating Garcia as a Messiah, a "great" QB who, if given a fair chance at the starting job, would have magically led this team to the playoffs. Remember, as decent as the o-line is, as talented as the RBs are, the WRs are still young. Plus, they're all fast, not the possession-type that would fit Garcia's rubber arm. Remember his 2 years with Cle and Det?-

Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
2004 CLE 11 144 252 57.1 1731 157.4 6.9 10 9
2005 DET 6 102 173 59.0 937 156.2 5.4 3 6
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 am

Kareighuis wrote:Everyone seems to be treating Garcia as a Messiah, a "great" QB who, if given a fair chance at the starting job, would have magically led this team to the playoffs. Remember, as decent as the o-line is, as talented as the RBs are, the WRs are still young. Plus, they're all fast, not the possession-type that would fit Garcia's rubber arm. Remember his 2 years with Cle and Det?-

I don't think anyone is making him out to be the "Messiah." Just that he's head and shoulders better than Jamassive Rubbish. I did say they could be a playoff team with Garcia, I was saying that kind of out of my arse, but I still stand behind it. Looking at the Raiders schedule, I think Garcia betters the team enough to get all the wins they could, and should win, and puts them in a position to steal a couple they shouldn't. Right now the Raiders are completely one dimensional and that's due to Jamulligan's inability to threaten teams with the pass. Also all those garbage throws to the feet of DMC and Bush? Garcia makes every single one of those.

Really this thread is more about how bad Ramarshmellow is rather than how much better Garcia would be with the team. I'd be saying much of the same thing if it was any other serviceable vet the Raiders had had on their roster but cut loose for Jamoron.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 am

Kareighuis wrote:Everyone seems to be treating Garcia as a Messiah, a "great" QB who, if given a fair chance at the starting job, would have magically led this team to the playoffs. Remember, as decent as the o-line is, as talented as the RBs are, the WRs are still young. Plus, they're all fast, not the possession-type that would fit Garcia's rubber arm. Remember his 2 years with Cle and Det?-

The Raiders have a ton more talent that Garcia had in Detroit, and Garcia injured himself the last exhibition game. I don't think Garcia is a great, or even very good QB by any stretch, but he does know how to keep drives alive. And on a team like the Raiders, with talented players like McFaddy, Bush, Miller, and a couple promising WRs, keeping a D honest with a serviceable QB would help both Bush and DMac's value.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby LeBron James » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Garcia is Joe Montana compared to JaKerry Russell.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk