Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Russel is killing Dmac/Bush's FF value

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:01 pm

I like the backup right now Jamarcus Russell from the brief play I saw vs SD, forgot the backup's name. Russell's lack of accuracy on short swing passes and screen passes is perplexing b/c even high school kids can make those throws. I'm not even talking about the intermediate to deep passes, where it is obvious he lacks accuracy.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:10 pm

2ksports wrote:I like the backup right now Jamarcus Russell from the brief play I saw vs SD, forgot the backup's name. Russell's lack of accuracy on short swing passes and screen passes is perplexing b/c even high school kids can make those throws. I'm not even talking about the intermediate to deep passes, where it is obvious he lacks accuracy.

BGrad. Bruce Gradkowski from the University of Toledo. Doesn't matter tho Al Davis won't allow anyone to bench Russell no matter how bad he looks. Bruce was a pretty damn good QB for the Rockets tho, kind of short at 6'1", but I think given the chance he could fill the bill. Major problem with Gradkowski tho is turnovers. 13 games in 06-07 his rookie year with TB threw for 9 TDs, but also had 9 INTs and 11 Fumbles, 6 of those fumbles were lost to the defense. Also in his short career thus far, with not much PT, he is still only completing 53% of his passes, not exactly a HUGE boost from JaJello's 35%. I do think however that Bruce could be the better QB over time if he could see the field, but again that won't happen as long at Davis has anything to say about it.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Well to be somewhat fair about JR, in the last 2 weeks he's made some plays in the 4th quarter of both of those games...With as much suckage as he's had, he's still managed to lead them from behind for two 4th QT leads in both games this season. Read a neat stat other day where the Raiders blogger had posted that only happened ONCE to 2001-2008, in 128 games.

So yea he's terrible, but at least that shows some positive signs. Too bad for the first 3 and a half quarters he's the worst QB anyone has ever seen.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:09 pm

I hope he can turn it around. That Raiders team has a real shot to make the playoffs is Jamarcus can get his accuracy.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm

2ksports wrote:I hope he can turn it around. That Raiders team has a real shot to make the playoffs is Jamarcus can get his accuracy.

That has been one of the most upsetting things about the Lions regin of error. At a time when their confernce was there for the taking, no super powers, they could not get their crap together enough to make a charge. Sad for Raider fans that they have to share a similar fate. This is not a bad team, just missing some crucial parts. Like a QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk