Chicago Offensive Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chicago Offensive Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chicago Offensive Strategy

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 am

Did I miss the memo? Did Lovie hire Mike Martz to start calling plays? Forte had 2 rushing attempts in the first half! I can deal with a lack of success...a lack of opportunity drives me nuts.

Question is - are they reverting to the pass because they're not able to run, or are they not able to run because they're giving up on it right away? Either way, you are looking at a very concerned Forte owner.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chicago Offensive Strategy

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 am

Panic is more justified if they don't have running success @ Seattle next week. Then I think it's a real problem. Forte hasn't looked good. Mini Adrian Peterson has. This worries me, not because they'd switch (they wouldn't) but because it could mean that Forte's having a real problem.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:37 am

dgan wrote:Question is - are they reverting to the pass because they're not able to run, or are they not able to run because they're giving up on it right away?

I think it's because they traded two first round picks to bring in a QB, and they want him to sling the rock.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

They did play a couple of pretty good Ds too. In game one, Cutler went crazy and that may have helped curtail Forte's PT. As for Peterson, it could be that the Stillers D let down a bit when he was in the game. It is a real concern at this point. How many catches did Forte get? Why is he not getting move involved in the pass game. That is a concern as well. Not good signs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:19 am

Forte just wasn't that effective running the ball yesterday. The Steelers dared the Bears to beat them with the pass, and the Bears did. If Cutler continues to play well, teams are going to have to respect the aerial game more.

Forte should have a nice game vs Seattle. On an encouraging note, Cutler looked to Forte a lot more in passing routes this game.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 pm

moochman wrote:They did play a couple of pretty good Ds too. In game one, Cutler went crazy and that may have helped curtail Forte's PT. As for Peterson, it could be that the Stillers D let down a bit when he was in the game. It is a real concern at this point. How many catches did Forte get? Why is he not getting move involved in the pass game. That is a concern as well. Not good signs.

In the 4th Forte was a great defensive play from breaking a dump off for a TD. Steeler LB forced a fumble from behind on a great (but risky) strip play. Looked as if Forte was in the open field with a blocker and 1 guy to beat, Steeler LB had an angle and successfully whacked the ball out of his hands from behind (Olsen recovered the fumble).

He still finsihed w/ 18 touches (13 carries, 5 catches) and 62 total yards - and it was the Steelers (who held Chris Johnson ot similar numbers week 1).

I think the next 2 weeks will be telling for Forte and the Bears running game - @ Seattle (who just got gashed by Frank Gore) & vs Detroit (they're still the Lions). If he doesn't put up RB1 numbers in the next 2 weeks, that's when I'd start worrying.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 am

Sex Panther wrote:
moochman wrote:They did play a couple of pretty good Ds too. In game one, Cutler went crazy and that may have helped curtail Forte's PT. As for Peterson, it could be that the Stillers D let down a bit when he was in the game. It is a real concern at this point. How many catches did Forte get? Why is he not getting move involved in the pass game. That is a concern as well. Not good signs.

In the 4th Forte was a great defensive play from breaking a dump off for a TD. Steeler LB forced a fumble from behind on a great (but risky) strip play. Looked as if Forte was in the open field with a blocker and 1 guy to beat, Steeler LB had an angle and successfully whacked the ball out of his hands from behind (Olsen recovered the fumble).

He still finsihed w/ 18 touches (13 carries, 5 catches) and 62 total yards - and it was the Steelers (who held Chris Johnson ot similar numbers week 1).

I think the next 2 weeks will be telling for Forte and the Bears running game - @ Seattle (who just got gashed by Frank Gore) & vs Detroit (they're still the Lions). If he doesn't put up RB1 numbers in the next 2 weeks, that's when I'd start worrying.

Can we all agree to either call them Detroit, or simply They're still the Lions"? You know, for brevity sake? :-b
If Forte doesn't blow up vs these two teams, I would be stunned...were I a Forte owner.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby da bears » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 pm

The o-line is still trying to get used to each other out there as well. Tons of movement on their line but I think in the coming weeks they will get it together. Also D Clark was out and he is by far their best blocking te which I think hurt them a little bit as well. Forte has looked more timid then last year though, the offense should start hitting stride after these next two weeks.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Return to Football Talk